Document Folders (UK Customer)

nigelc

We have been lucky enough to sail with Regent a number of times and are booked on Splendor at the end of March 2023. On previous sailings, we have always received a very nice document wallet containing all the information that we need for our trip. This week we received an envelop containing a handful of luggage labels and a very brief note that our trip information is available online. Is this another cut back?   

I’ve just asked a similar question on the RSSC Facebook page….it seems that we UK cruisers only get a few sticky bag tags and nothing else.

similarly, international flights are usually economy only unless you book penthouse or above, it’s my understanding US passengers all get business class international flights….

59 minutes ago, piscean said:

You were lucky to get the luggage labels ….we had to get them at the pre-cruise hotel!

It hasn’t put us off Regent but I do miss the luxury of the folders/suede bag.

even though we have a few …..😀

Regent(UK) first changed to nothing in the mail pre-cruise; then after some unfortunate guest experiences they went to the half-way house of luggage labels only in the mail pre-cruise.

The Regent(UK) MD told us last year that these changes had nothing to do with cost cutting 🙄

We also used to look forward to receiving the document pack in the mail pre-cruise ............. but sadly no more ☹️

58 minutes ago, Oscarsgrandad said:

international flights are usually economy only unless you book penthouse or above

Guests booking PH & above in the UK usually have Business Class flights only for cruises starting or ending in Europe.

57 minutes ago, Oscarsgrandad said:

it’s my understanding US passengers all get business class international flights….

...... and their cruise fares reflect the costs of those flights.

In the UK you can request an extra-over cost for Business Class flights. Regent prices are often very competitive compared to what you could obtain booking flights independently.

Yes, I have upgraded our flights and would agree that they are very competitive - shame about the document pack - an envelop with a few luggage labels in it hardly gives the feeling of a 6 star cruise line. Our last cruise was with Cunard at Xmas, who provided a personized pre-cruise folder detailing all aspects of our trip - maybe Regents MD (UK) needs a rethink. 

The reason given for UK/EU clients not receiving the more elaborate document pack is environmental concerns.  The fact that doesn't seem to apply to our friends on the other side of the Atlantic seems strange - surely they are equally concerned about the environment?

We too had a "collect labels at hotel" experience which was far less than satisfactory, so were pleased to receive the envelope with them in the post for our most recent cruise.  Seeing a black envelope on the doormat was a little concerning however!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1