Hawaiian Cruise without Hawaiian Ambassadors?

bronzey214

Hi all - I am on the Crown Princess out of LA to Hawaii on April 14 (the last Hawaiian cruise for the Crown this season I believe). I was doing my research and saw that Princess has couples that act as Hawaiian ambassadors as part of their cultural enrichment programs (one of the reasons we choose Princess over other lines).

BUT - I saw both Brian and Rowena and Elua are on different cruises. Does this mean there won't be any one running these programs on our ship?

2 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

BUT - I saw both Brian and Rowena and Elua are on different cruises. Does this mean there won't be any one running these programs on our ship?

Tui, I think had a bad hand injury about a year ago so he and Maile might still be out as Hawaiian Ambassadors (hopefully they will be back soon. As a replacement for Tui and Maile, another couple have been stepping in as Hawaiian Ambassadors and they are Aolani and Alika (they are cousins). 

So I think it is a good chance that you will have a Hawaiian Ambassador(s) on your cruise.

1 hour ago, Parrottdizes said:

Tui, I think had a bad hand injury about a year ago so he and Maile might still be out as Hawaiian Ambassadors (hopefully they will be back soon. 

@ParrottdizesMaile teamed up with Kahanu Coleman (Da hula Sistah's) on the Ruby last year. Tui is now back with Maile and they are currently on the Island Princess World cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the updates.  This seems to be one of Princess' more successful programs.  It was the brainchild of Dave Cole, Dave Soreff, and Faline Leialoha Kini @Elua

Kudos to Princess for expanding and keeping the Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador Program running.  

• Like 4