Thermal Spa and Aurea Experience?

linz98144

We have the Aurea Experience and were told that this included access to the thermal area.

However we are also given the option to purchase a thermal area cruise pass.

Are these not the same thing? I don't want to pay twice for something that is the same. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Totally agree with perakcruiser.

This has always been a quirk of MSC. ( maybe not just them)

We book YC and when we look at packages for sale on our booking, the drink package and WiFi packages is offered for addition fee.
These are already included in YC booking.

It is like booking a First Class airline ticket and getting offer to upgrade to premium economy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The MSC computer isn't clever enough to know what is included in your booking and eliminate those extras from the extras available for you to book. The items available are generic and show regardless of your experience booking. 

Do you know, if the spa comes with your cabin Aurea or Yacht Club, do you still need to make reservations?   Thermal suite is $65 for the entire week and does that include Solarium is is that a different charge? I'm floored by their prices ❤️

2 hours ago, Tierun said:

Thermal spa does not require a reservation for Aurea or YC guests. The top  sun deck is only for Aurea guests. The thermal suite amenities vary by ship class. The newer, the better.

I cruised the Seashore in YC in May 2022 and then in early January 2023.  On the May sailing, accessing the Aurea spa did not require a reservation.  In January, they did require it.  When I asked why the change, they said it was based on ship capacity so it may or may not apply to future cruises.  I would ask immediately when you board and get settled in.  That way you can make a reservation every day so you have the option to go if you want to.

1 hour ago, mofotastic said:

I cruised the Seashore in YC in May 2022 and then in early January 2023.  On the May sailing, accessing the Aurea spa did not require a reservation.  In January, they did require it.  When I asked why the change, they said it was based on ship capacity so it may or may not apply to future cruises.  I would ask immediately when you board and get settled in.  That way you can make a reservation every day so you have the option to go if you want to.

This is the correct answer, also in this case a simple "yes" or "no" is not true.