Seascape Yacht Club Experience

puglady12

Hi everyone!!  I have been on the Seaside twice in just a regular balcony room.  My last trip was March 2020- the last sailing of the Seaside before Covid shut it down.

But in May I am sailing on the Seascape in the yacht club and I just upgraded my room to the Royal Suite and I am so excited!!!!!!!

Has anyone been in that room and was it as great as it looks to be?

I have never done YC before and I don't want to miss a thing. 

Also, I see we have access to the thermal spa.  I can't figure out what there is to do there and if I need to reserve anything.

I have already booked a massage but I see you book the actual time/day once on board.

Any advice, tips or tricks would be so helpful.

Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

I've stayed in the Seashore RS (sister ship to Seascape) and the Seaside RS. I have the Seascape RS booked for next year. With the 4 "Sea" ships (Seaside/Seaview/Seashore/Seascape) there are minor differences with the Royal Suites but overall, all 4 are basically the same. I prefer the hot tub on the 2 newer ships but Meraviglia's was even better. 

Make sure that you let your butler know which pergola that you want for the entire cruise. He/she should have it ready for you every day whether you intend on using it or not. 

Also, make use of your balcony in the morning by having breakfast served. Enjoy your dining table out there. Port days are better (less wind) but it can be done on sea days, too. Don't be afraid to order too much. 

There is a ton of storage space in the suite. The 4 of us each had plenty of space and we pack heavy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, puglady12 said:

Any advice, tips or tricks would be so helpful.

Bring a night light should one want to get to the head in the middle of the night.

Should one desire a pizza delivery call the concierge desk and it will be your personal butler that will be the one allowed to bring it direct to your cabin with plates and cloth napkins. This is recommended due to the long lines waiting for pizza. You have priority and your butler has priority to butt to the front of this line to retrieve your pizza for you.

Don't be afraid to use your butler to get you in anywhere ahead of everyone else.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Once we had a bird fly in."

And, that would be bad enough on its own.

However, on MSC, you have to add the bird to the drink package. If the lucky couple is enjoying Premium Extra, that will be a significant additional cost.

Loose-Birds.gif.c1ebb8615938d608c16e0d235b3ffe4c.gif

Edited by no1talks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Bring a night light should one want to get to the head in the middle of the night.

Should one desire a pizza delivery call the concierge desk and it will be your personal butler that will be the one allowed to bring it direct to your cabin with plates and cloth napkins. This is recommended due to the long lines waiting for pizza. You have priority and your butler has priority to butt to the front of this line to retrieve your pizza for you.

Don't be afraid to use your butler to get you in anywhere ahead of everyone else.

Thank you Morpheusofthesea!  Question, how many cabins does one butler have?  I wonder how available they are to requests??  

48 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Thank you Morpheusofthesea!  Question, how many cabins does one butler have?  I wonder how available they are to requests??  

That is a very good question. One cruise our butler had 17 cabins to attend to including our cabin. On another sailing our butler had 9 cabins. It all depends on how full the YC on that sailing. They can be reticent about revealing how many cabins they have that cruise, not wanting any guest to feel 'short changed' to the YC experience. It is always better NOT' to see how the sausage is made" and just enjoy the finished product. We never call or try to track our butler down for anything. We just leave notes, and they fill our requests when they have a chance. If the butler has any questions, they track us down.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

Each butler has about 6 cabins. The butler that delivers your pizza may not be your specific butler. They help each other out....

That is what we thought about who delivers the pizza, so we always had an extra $5 tip waiting for the door bell. But each time it was our personal butler which we tipped at the end $200 for the week cruise. Perhaps the Royal Suite is different ? Perhaps puglady12 could try a pizza delivery as an experiment to see who delivers the pizza?

1 hour ago, no1talks said:

And, that would be bad enough on its own.

However, on MSC, you have to add the bird to the drink package. If the lucky couple is enjoying Premium Extra, that will be a significant additional cost.

Loose-Birds.gif.c1ebb8615938d608c16e0d235b3ffe4c.gif

It was more like this, without the grass.

images.jpg

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It is as PM states, just browse for 2 devices each. The upgrade to streaming was a total of $48 for me for 2 devices for the week.

Yeah that's great to know! Was the Internet on Stream decent at all? I'm really hoping MSC jumps onto the Starlink bandwagon before my sail date in November lol

2 hours ago, Avatar345 said:

Yeah that's great to know! Was the Internet on Stream decent at all? I'm really hoping MSC jumps onto the Starlink bandwagon before my sail date in November lol

Found I could upload to CC a 2 minute video, but nothing longer, with the streaming package. Best when in port with everyone off the ship. Sometimes when out to sea could not even browse. Celebrity's Beyond had starlink and was better.