Vista vs Panorama

Woody14

Looking at a trip this summer on the Vista out of Galveston,  my only other Carnival experience is the Panorama last year.   I know they are the same class ship and the Panorama is a few years newer but how do they compare?    

So if you go on the Carnival website, they have a cool feature under Ships, where you can compare

all the ships in the fleet to each other...Vista and Pano are sisters...so there are very few differences, between the 2. hope that helps...

Imax & thrill theater instead of trampoline park. Thrill theater was closed when I was on vista last. Not sure if that’s permanent but imax is open. 

Red frog pub instead of the smokehouse/brewery

skybox sports bar instead of hero’s bar.

library bar instead of Teppanyaki 

Regular elevators.

Thats all I can think of.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Imax & thrill theater instead of trampoline park. Thrill theater was closed when I was on vista last. Not sure if that’s permanent but imax is open. 

Red frog pub instead of the smokehouse/brewery

skybox sports bar instead of hero’s bar.

library bar instead of Teppanyaki 

Regular elevators.

Thats all I can think of.

Thanks Saint Greg.   I have heard via the always reliable FB that the cruise experience is quite different did you find this?

8 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

Thanks Saint Greg.   I have heard via the always reliable FB that the cruise experience is quite different did you find this?

The experience? It's different than the west coast that's for sure. On my Panorama cruises you'd have a coldish first and last sea day. And you have all the time changes.

For the ship I lean Panorama because I like the Hero's Bar, Smokehouse/Brewhouse, and Teppanyaki. Not a fan of the trampoline park. I'd rather the theaters. But they both have JiJi's. That's what's really important. 

• Like 1

I’ve done both and I preferred the Panorama mainly because of the itinerary. Unlike the rest of the Caribbean where it’s very hot year round and you’re sweating profusely, the Mexican Riviera is in the mid 70’s year round. We loved that it was sunny and warm enough to swim or do beach activities but not overly hot like it usually is on a Caribbean cruise. I didn’t even break a sweat, it was awesome! We also loved the ports. They were all big cities that were well built up with lots of activities to choose from. 

• Like 2