Apex S3 question on magic carpet track - deck 6 or 12?

MamaMindy

Our option for our sailing on the Apex in the S3 category ( significant savings) is only deck 6 cabins or deck 12. They both seem to have negative reviews. Has anyone stayed in either location abs have any reviews ? Reviews are very few and far between on these cabins. 

Will be on the Apex in 2 week, we have S1 category. If I had to choose I would go with deck 12. The magic carpet move up and down, but I think after 5pm stay on Deck 5 for a couple of hrs, I would say less noise on deck 12, plus luminae is on same deck.

• Like 1

You will see the bottom of the MC right above with Deck 12.  If you have one of the end MC Suites on Deck 12 they do not have the window.
We spend 14 N on the Edge and the MC only moved 2x to go to Deck 5 for about 2.5 hours.

We’ve stayed in a magic carpet SS a few times, it’s our favorite SS. Mostly due to the larger balcony, which we use a lot (breakfast, nightcap, etc). And it’s the lowest priced SS. Some people are turned off by the magic carpet itself, it doesn’t bother us at all. It only goes up & down a couple times a day, & is actually cool to watch. The MC SS bed doesn’t face the balcony like other SS categories. We’ve been on deck 8, & in July we’ll be on Apex in MC SS on deck 12. We have one of the end SS cabins so we won’t have the side window on deck 12, but we like the idea of walking down the hall to Luminae. Bottom line for us is the big balcony. 

• Like 1

We’re booked in one on the Beyond on the 9th deck next year. If I had to choose between 6 and 12 I would choose the 6th due to the “teeth” of the MC protruding below it when it’s parked above the 12th deck. Photos show the prongs and I think I wouldn’t be able to unsee them.

Thanks everyone!  I'll check with Celebrity tomorrow to see how often it stays parked on Deck 14.  Looking out at the "teeth" would be rather weird.  Otherwise, I like being higher on Deck 12. 

What's hard to know is how much pool or cabana noise transfers to deck 12 cabins in that area. 

Or, if we chose Deck 6, it is right above the Raw restaurant and I've always read don't stay above or below a restaurant.    I'll post what they can tell me about the duration of it parked on Deck 14, versus 16, 5 and 2.  I think it looks like a great cabin otherwise and it's a much cheaper option to get to suite level experience. 

I would t count on shoreside people to have a clue as to how often it moves.  

There is no schedule, weather and sea conditions are factors also whether it will be used as a tender platform.

We were on the Edge for 14 nights and the MC moved from Deck 14 2 days in a row but that was all, the other 12 days stayed on 14 all day and night.

On the Beyond 10 nights and it didn’t move from 14 at all.  I’m sure there are other sailing when it has moved more.  But the vast majority of the time it is up on 14.

• Like 1

I stayed in an S1 cabin on deck 12 below the magic carpet on the Edge this summer on a Mediterranean voyage.  They would clean the Magic Carpet at 3:00am on several nights (not all) and it was very noisy and kept us up.  We are traveling on the Apex in March and have booked an S1  on the opposite side on the ship on the 10th floor so we don't experience this again. The S1 on the 12th floor also has the magic carpet directly above you which impacts the view and the amount of light in the room.  I would stay away from the Magic Carpet.

Oh my! Those are some of the scenarios that concern me for the 12th deck cabins. I haven’t heard any bad reviews on 6th floor yet , and they still have those to switch . It’s just Raw and that walkway are right below , so not sure about noise from that. 

I did call Celebrity. The first 2 agents were not helpful, and transferred me around. The third agent confirmed what was stated above : there is no schedule. 
It  all depends on wind and speed of travel where it needs to park. 

Thank you all ! 

We just booked an Apex cruise for next month with a suite guarantee cabin. There are only 3 S3 cabins left according to the map, but we might get one. I’ve come to terms with the adventure of the Magic Carpet if it comes to that - lol! If we end up there, I’ll let you know. 

• Like 1

To wrap up my research:  I found enough unfavorable reviews on cruise critic, or comments  in this posting, about deck 12 in S3, that we were lucky enough to relocate to deck 8 in a Magic Carpet suite.   The concerns about the Magic Carpet sitting right above the cabin most of the day, looking out at the white "teeth" while it's docked on 14,  cleaning it at 3 am, and the potential music, additional crowd noise from being right under the pool deck, gave us enough reason to move as soon as another cabin opened up.  We will still live the adventure of this special cabin and beautiful deck, but hopefully with  less " potential "obstacles. Interestingly, there isn't a wealth of reviews on deck 12, magic Suite cabins, and only a couple of pics.  I hope someone that stays in a Deck 12 cabin will post a review soon.  Thank you!