Riviera - Suites by the Lifts

jakes47

I have just lodged a booking request with our TA for a 2025 cruise and where surprised to find the only PH2 suites, Deck 10 on the Riviera available are all by the lifts and stairs.   Our travel agent is very good and she will watch for others to come up but we have booked 10035.

Has anyone stayed in 10035 or near the lift and, if so, where you disturbed by any noise?

Thanks

Bev

9 hours ago, jakes47 said:

I have just lodged a booking request with our TA for a 2025 cruise and where surprised to find the only PH2 suites, Deck 10 on the Riviera available are all by the lifts and stairs.   Our travel agent is very good and she will watch for others to come up but we have booked 10035.

Has anyone stayed in 10035 or near the lift and, if so, where you disturbed by any noise?

Thanks

Bev

I stayed in 11023 on a Riviera November 2021 transAtlantic from Rome to Miami. I was as close to the elevator as you could get without sleeping in it (!) and never heard any noise. Now, if somebody stands outside your doorway speaking in a loud voice, some of that noise will bleed into the room. But that’s not the typical passenger on Oceania.

• Like 1

I have stayed in 10035 several times.  No noise from the elevator.  Sometimes you can hear people talking in the hall when shows end but that’s any room.  10035 and 10037 are our preferred rooms on Riveria and Marina and we request them while booking.

Being close to the elevator and stairs makes the cruise much simpler as you are not running up and down the hall every time you need to go to your room.  (Frequently, one of us forgets something when going ashore) The pool, spa, gym and Horizons are just up the stairs or elevator.  Lectures, shows, and embarkation, debarkation plus guest services are down.

Plus, there is a big router between 10035 and 10037 so internet is a bit better there.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much - that is so very reassuring.  I think a lot of people are wary as the last 4 cabins available were either side of the lift.

Great about the Router being so close.

Bev

On my first Oceania cruise which was on the Riviera we did a GTY cabin. Got the assignment just 5 days before the cruise and it was the one on Deck 11 that was right at the elevators (sorry 4 years ago so I do not remember the cabin number). When I saw that I was thinking OK, noise but worth the price. I soon realized that when we shut the door, no noise at all and as said above it was wonderful to get off the elevators and just go to the side with the phone and there was our room. 10 steps was about all it took to get there. You will be great. Julia

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 9:17 PM, jakes47 said:

Thanks

Bev

I spent 33 days in 10035 on Riviera and never once heard a thing.  It's a great location.  

• Like 1