Accessible tour operators for a Mexican Riviera cruise?

Euby

Does anyone know of any tour operators that can accommodate people with mobility issues that may operate in Mexico?  I'm doing a Mexican Riviera cruise in March and the cruise line does not seem to have any available (it's possible they have already sold-out the accessible excursions).  I've contacted their shore excursion department and disability services team, but haven't heard back after giving them my details.  I'll be using a rollator and am a plus-sized person.  I had to cancel excursions on a previous cruise because (once I was on-board) found out the tour operators could not accommodate my rollator (even though it folds up).  

These are the ports we are schedule to stop in...
Cabo San Lucas - Tender required, wheelchair access limited
Loreto - Tender required, wheel chair access limited

Pichilingue (La Paz)

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta - overnight

Any insights would be helpful.  Thanks!

In Puerto Vallarta (on Carnival), we took the Rhythm of the Night excursion.  The boat picked us up at the ship and they have accessible routes on the island and accessible seating for the show.  With a rollator, you should have no issue as long as you are able to transfer from the ship to the boat.

In Mazatlan, we did a city tour that stopped at a few places.  It was on a tour bus with storage underneat, so they should be able to accomodate your rollator if it wouldn't fit on the bus with you.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 5:31 AM, Euby said:

Does anyone know of any tour operators that can accommodate people with mobility issues that may operate in Mexico?  I'm doing a Mexican Riviera cruise in March and the cruise line does not seem to have any available (it's possible they have already sold-out the accessible excursions).  I've contacted their shore excursion department and disability services team, but haven't heard back after giving them my details.  I'll be using a rollator and am a plus-sized person.  I had to cancel excursions on a previous cruise because (once I was on-board) found out the tour operators could not accommodate my rollator (even though it folds up).  

These are the ports we are schedule to stop in...
Cabo San Lucas - Tender required, wheelchair access limited
Loreto - Tender required, wheel chair access limited

Pichilingue (La Paz)

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta - overnight

Any insights would be helpful.  Thanks!

i used to travel with a couple of extra straps for my rollator.  On a van tour in Bar Harbor they wanted us to leave both rollators because of the safety issue.  We were allowed to try to strap it in and they approved! 

on other smaller buses they’ve sometimes put the rollator in the entrance area, which seems unsafe in an accident.  But, we could use the straps to secure it to poles etc.  most other passengers were impressed, and yes even on some tenders we secured it!  

please be aware than many tours are marked limited accessibility can be because of stairs, sand, or gravel.  You can usually get info about what’s not accessible from the shore group, they have better descriptions.  

Hope you find a tour group, but many are expensive because their vehicles agave chair lifts.  I’ve done well with some toursbylocals because you get to talk to the guide ahead of time. Some people have managed to find good cabbies to take them to special places.  

we hit two comical barriers on a land tour in Europe. One had only turnstiles so we just life the rollator over.  The other was a cable car that doesn’t really stop —-  I did a quick jump and scoot hubby picked up the rollator and jumped in after me.  We then had to rearrange a bit, but it worked because there was a longer area to setup the entry.

Thanks for the info about the straps.  I may have to add those to my packing list.

After posting here, I did hear back from the shore excursion team and accessibility departments.  They were very helpful about detailing the options.

• 1 month later...