NCL Haven vs. RCL Star Class

Hutcha

4 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

My understanding is the Star guests get ANY Specialty Dining included, including Chef's Table!

That's true EXCEPT for wine pairing for any guests over 21 with Chef's Table. About $25 PP.  Pastries/cakes from Starbucks are hit or miss as far as being included.  Other than that...every speciality dining venue is included, lunch and dinner when open.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

If you don't like it, move on and don't distract the post.  But I'll see if I can get you a cookie for being the SAAM(self appointed acronym moderator).

Well howdy to you too. Unlike your post above, mine added to the conversation for those that had no clue what a couple of brats are since we're on a NCL board and not all of us are familiar with fancy RCL Stars which is why the thread, after all. 

For those interested in RCL category codes, you can find a full listing here (no brats included):

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf It may be a bit outdated as it appears to have been published in 2017. Perhaps the Wonder and Icon have the brats!

No thank you to a cookie. I'm afraid it'd be too bougie for me coming from a double brat. These are the kind of brats I prefer:

image.jpeg.ca6c0afd6eba6ac08dcc13497b466023.jpeg

Source: https://lakegenevacountrymeats.com/recipes/how-to-cook-bratwursts

Edited by cruiseny4life

I wrote the "Secrets of the Haven VIP Experience" here on CruiseCritic.com.  I did it to allow dialog on what you actually receive from the premium paid to NCL for the Haven Experience.  That OP-ED was written in 2019 and updated in 2022.  The goal also was to assist creating realistic expectations so the guest could exceed their expectations. 

During the long history of that thread, many have come to hijack the topic.  The folks that liked the thread brought it back which is why it lasted so long.  Sometimes, folks made jokes which other thought were hateful or targeted.  Others for what ever reason make an incident comment into a political statement of some sort. I personally enjoy cruisecritic.com over other social media choices for cruise discussions.

I am disappointed that here on a NCL board doing a fair comparison that we all cannot take the high road.  It is just fine to challenge or question a statement.  That is one of the reasons for social media.  When it becomes personal, it is time to rethink what we all post in the first place.  I would like to attempt to bring this stream back to is foundation. So here goes.

I personally think that these area's on Mainstream Cruise Brands are wonderful.  All of them.  They all have positive and negatives just like life.  Knowing clearly what to expect and how one area compares to another area is extremely helpful.  Especially when prices are going up and quality is going down on many lines including this Premium choices.  Please keep the information coming. It is very usefully and helpful.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 9:36 AM, Hutcha said:

Is it just 2 of you? It's hard to find the value if the number of people is small. You have to be a Royal loyalist, or just not care about money, to drop that much. Like I said above, If it's just myself and wife, hands down I'd go with the Haven. I don't even think I'd go Sky class with just the 2 of us.

When Your number grows, the value comes in. Last year was seven of us in a 2 bedroom suite. I got it for $350 pp/pd. This year, I have the same  (A1) on a different ship (Allure) for $250 pp/pd. I will say that prices are definitely going up and the deals are becoming hard to find.

My wife and I have decided that the next suite will be on Celebrity. I really want to try the retreat out. 

Based on your comments you will enjoy the retreat on the Edge class ships; the older ships some have been refurbished to include the Retreat but just not the same as they don't have the same amenities.  

• Like 2