The "Key" still a thing?

Janie1229

Hi, is Royal still selling the "key" for benefit of being able to board early/disembark etc. ? We purchased it for a cruise 3 years ago, and while it was nice in some ways, not sure it was really worth the cost. Curious if it is still in existence and what everyone thinks.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but it may not be obvious in the planner as they are marketing it as a VIP pass.

okay thank you. Interesting they have changed the name. I don't know that it really makes a big difference. And for the next cruise, I'm traveling with a friend who is a Diamond member so probably a waste of money

I purchased The Key for my Sept 2022 cruise to Bermuda out of Baltimore. Standing in long lines is one of the things I dislike most intensely so, for me, it was totally worth the cost. We had the earliest boarding time and when we arrived at the port, the regular boarding line for our time was already wrapped around the building. I went to the Key entrance and was on the ship in 15 minutes.

The Chops Grill arrival lunch and departure breakfast were nice. Unloading my carry-on with the Key team upon boarding the ship was nice too....didn't have any reason to keep it on my person. Couldn't take advantage of the tendering priority since we didn't tender to shore.

I liked what it offered so much that I purchased the Key for my cruise again this October. Not everyone is as impatient as I am though so many won't think it's worth the cost and I can totally understand that.

• Like 3