Help with parking in Port Everglades

Mar y Sol

On 2/4/2023 at 6:36 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I was just on a recent RC cruise and the Odyssey was docked in terminal 18.  However, the parking was over by terminal 21.  Doesn't sound like a problem but I had to walk through 2 different parking lots to get back to the ship.  Thankfully, I had dropped off luggage and passenger beforehand. 

What about getting off the ship?  Did you have to schlep your luggage over to terminal 21 parking?  Isn't there parking at terminal 18?  We're leaving on Vision, which I think will be at terminal 18.  

On 2/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, Wineaux007 said:

What about getting off the ship?  Did you have to schlep your luggage over to terminal 21 parking?  Isn't there parking at terminal 18?  We're leaving on Vision, which I think will be at terminal 18.  

Same thing but backwards; I left the luggage at the terminal and walked over to get my car.  Drove back only to find that the area we/he was waiting in was for drop-offs only and he was supposed to move 3 bags with his cane.  He didn't move, I picked him up where we started but not without the policeman yelling that I was in the wrong area.  

I have a Volvo XC90 suv. Would that be considered oversized for the port garage? I saw that they charge $19 for oversized vehicle, but I didn’t know if they mean RVs and such. I fit in a regular parking spot. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Daleed77 said:

I have a Volvo XC90 suv. Would that be considered oversized for the port garage? I saw that they charge $19 for oversized vehicle, but I didn’t know if they mean RVs and such. I fit in a regular parking spot. 

Thanks!

My husband has an F150 truck.  We were not charged for an oversize vehicle last month.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, helen haywood said:

Is it a flat $15 a day?  No added tax?  We used to be big fans of Park ‘n’ Go but their rates are now the same as parking at the port!  No point in having to wait for their shuttle at the end of the cruise if you aren’t saving money.

Exactly plus your cars sits out in the elements at Park N Go, at the mid port garage your car is protected unless you happen to park on the highest level which we never had to do, we have always found a spot on level 2.

Edited by MISTER 67

Don’t park under a light pole.   If you do your car will be covered with bird dodo   Don’t back into the spot.   It is easier for to access the back end for your luggage if you pull in 

If possible put up a window shade if parking out side.

Make note of  your location or take a photo of where the car is parked 

Write a note on your phone where your keys are. 

Make sure you have a full tank of fuel.   This helps you get out of town if there is a something that knocked out the power.   Have some bottle water and non perishable food for  traveling home.   I say this because we were on a cruise that ended after a hurricane went thru FL.  There was no gas and most places were closed.  

Don’t leave anything in your car that can spoil.  

by the time you read this you should be on your cruise but it may help others. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miched said:

Don’t park under a light pole.   If you do your car will be covered with bird dodo   Don’t back into the spot.   It is easier for to access the back end for your luggage if you pull in 

If possible put up a window shade if parking out side.

Make note of  your location or take a photo of where the car is parked 

Write a note on your phone where your keys are. 

Make sure you have a full tank of fuel.   This helps you get out of town if there is a something that knocked out the power.   Have some bottle water and non perishable food for  traveling home.   I say this because we were on a cruise that ended after a hurricane went thru FL.  There was no gas and most places were closed.  

Don’t leave anything in your car that can spoil.  

by the time you read this you should be on your cruise but it may help others. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Great advice.