Hotel and Car Rental Question

pdz1979

Hi. Myself and my parents are flying into FLL, and arrive there at 5pm. We have the Intercontenental downtown Miami booked for our pre cruise stay.

My question is what is the best and preferrably the cheapeast way to get the three of us from FLL to our hotel in Miami. Renting a car seems a good idea and pretty cheap with the discounts I can get but the question I have with that is where will I be able at that late hour to drop off my car at. If it's far away from the hotel then paying for a cab to the hotel will take away any savings. Is there any car rentals by downtown that will take in cars at a late hour. My other option is the Tri county share a ride service that is mentioned on this site on other posts. Any feedback or local knowledge is welcome. Thanks!

Philip

Why bother with the rental car, do you really want to be driving from Fort Lauderdale to Miami around dusk on strange roads you are not a custom to? Tri County is the easiest and works best. With there being 3 of you, you probably just get a Regular Towncar share ride and it will just be the 3 of you in the car and you will take a direct route to your hotel with no other stops.

Make it easy and just use Tri County, when you return from your cruise back to FFL just use a Taxi, cost will be about $55- $60 plus a tip.

Enjoy your cruise

Jimbo

Archived