"All In" Drinks and WiFi

cruiseagainsoon

Hello, 

Booked for first time with MSC, Meravigilia repositioning in April 2023. We booked when they were running the "All In" package with free drinks and WiFi.  If this cruise goes well I would like to book more based on their seeming low prices.  How often do the run the Free drinks specials?  or was that something new / one time thing?

Thanks

33 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’ve seen it offered most every time I’ve looked lately…

Drinks were Easy Plus package on my last cruise. Upgrade to premium was $20 PPPD

When were you able to upgrade your drinks packcage.  I have been trying and keep getting told it is not available yet.  Last Jan I upgraded onboard for the same price

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

When were you able to upgrade your drinks packcage.  I have been trying and keep getting told it is not available yet.  Last Jan I upgraded onboard for the same price

When I look at my cruise online, there is the option to upgrade.

Capture drinks pkg.PNG

Just now, bafinegan said:

I don't have that option online or in the ap.  When is your cruise?

Sept. 14, 2023, Seaside out of Port Canaveral.  We are on the 10 night cruise.

Is your cruise a 3-4 night cruise?  Our first MSC cruise was on Divina for 3 nights.  There was no option to upgrade our drinks package until we were on the ship, which we promptly took advantage of!  For some reason, MSC does not let you upgrade the drinks package ahead of time on a short cruise.

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

Sept. 14, 2023, Seaside out of Port Canaveral.  We are on the 10 night cruise.

Is your cruise a 3-4 night cruise?  Our first MSC cruise was on Divina for 3 nights.  There was no option to upgrade our drinks package until we were on the ship, which we promptly took advantage of!  For some reason, MSC does not let you upgrade the drinks package ahead of time on a short cruise.

No.  Ours is a 7 night one out of Miami on the Seascape on APril 9-16, 2023.  Weird, but that's MSC🙄

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

No.  Ours is a 7 night one out of Miami on the Seascape on APril 9-16, 2023.  Weird, but that's MSC🙄

Very strange.  I'd keep calling to see if you can do it ahead of time.  If not, for us it was a very simple process to do it at the first bar we stopped at once onboard.  I think the bartenders get something from the transaction as they were extremely helpful.  I will say that it seemed that only certain bars had the upgraded wines and liquors, but we quickly found those that carried our preferences.  

Can I ask why you upgrade to the premium from the Easy Plus?  The wife and I drink mostly mixed drinks and some wine, no beer.  Looking at Easy Plus it seems to include decent amount.  For example we are fine with Tito's  or Grey Goose Vodka. Are you just into top shelf only or am I missing something and will be disappointed with the EasyPlus.  I would upgrade if I found it was worth it for us. 

Thanks.

41 minutes ago, cruiseagainsoon said:

Can I ask why you upgrade to the premium from the Easy Plus?  The wife and I drink mostly mixed drinks and some wine, no beer.  Looking at Easy Plus it seems to include decent amount.  For example we are fine with Tito's  or Grey Goose Vodka. Are you just into top shelf only or am I missing something and will be disappointed with the EasyPlus.  I would upgrade if I found it was worth it for us. 

Thanks.

It’s entirely your preference. My husband and I are more into wines and prefer the better wines in the upgraded package. If you mainly drink spirits and the spirits in the regular package are ok with you, then you should be fine with the Easy Plus package. 

I am afraid that I’ve become a bit of a wine snob in my old age. I turned 60 this year and my motto is “Life is too short to drink cheap champagne!”

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruiseagainsoon said:

Thanks.

It's mainly for the better wine selection.  I like a good wine with dinner and will usually drink 2 glasses then.  By the time I have paid full price for those 2 glasses, I have paid for upgrading the package.

12 hours ago, cruiseagainsoon said:

Looking at Easy Plus it seems to include decent amount.  For example we are fine with Tito's  or Grey Goose Vodka.

I think Grey Goose is over the Easy Plus limit, though. Even Jack Daniel's (which I would hardly consider "top shelf") requires Premium Extra.

The difference is $20 a day, so depending on how you look at it, you need to have 2 to 4 of the more expensive drinks every day to make it worthwhile. Two glasses of champagne at breakfast and you don't have to / won't be able to think about it for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Correct, Grey Goose is over the limit and while Tito's is technically included on almost all of our most recent cruises they ran out by day 3 or 4 (even though there are bottles available in duty free-- don't get me started.)  We always upgrade to the Premium Extra for the wine selections. Life is too short to drink Woodbridge 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Two glasses of champagne at breakfast and you don't have to / won't be able to think about it for the rest of the day.

Two glasses of champagne 🍾 at breakfast and I won't be able to think, PERIOD! LOL 🥴

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:16 AM, Morgsmom said:

Correct, Grey Goose is over the limit and while Tito's is technically included on almost all of our most recent cruises they ran out by day 3 or 4 (even though there are bottles available in duty free-- don't get me started.)  We always upgrade to the Premium Extra for the wine selections. Life is too short to drink Woodbridge 🙂

Morgsmom, 

Thank you, I had looked at the package a while back and was thinking $10 was the cut off.  It is actually $9 putting a few more not in EasyPlus.  I also reread and realized you said they ran out of Tito's on more than one cruise.. That could be a problem! 

Hawkeye, Good point with Jack Daniels something I was expecting to be in Easy plus. 

and 

Pcrum & Bafinegan  You have me really leaning toward the package for the wine.  Like you said I may as well enjoy good wine at dinner for the extra $20. 

Plus it look like a lot of the specialty drinks are at Premium rate and you have to try a few on a cruise! 

Good to know you can also upgrade onboard for the same price or at least close to the same.

Thanks for the help everyone!   

• Like 3

On 2/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, bafinegan said:

To upgrade a drinks package you just pay the price difference between them. You should be able to do it by just calling, you may have to try a few different customer service reps until you find one that knows how to process it.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, cruiseagainsoon said:

Hello, 

Booked for first time with MSC, Meravigilia repositioning in April 2023. We booked when they were running the "All In" package with free drinks and WiFi.  If this cruise goes well I would like to book more based on their seeming low prices.  How often do the run the Free drinks specials?  or was that something new / one time thing?

Thanks

All in is usually always available, the drinks package isn’t free, but discounted by approximately 30%. You can see exactly by subtracting the escape to sea price from the all in price. The wifi is free.

Edited by ssmea03