E-Tickets, luggage labels and the like?

GemC

Good day everyone,

i feel like it's silly question time from me, 

As this is the first time i have booked a holiday direct- without a travel agent so to speak who does everything for you, can someone tell me please how i go about getting or do i get an E-Ticket/boarding for the flight out to Barbados? on 03/03/23

also is it advisable to attach the cruise/luggage labels at departure airport or at destination airport?

thanks

Gem

21 minutes ago, GemC said:

Good day everyone,

i feel like it's silly question time from me, 

As this is the first time i have booked a holiday direct- without a travel agent so to speak who does everything for you, can someone tell me please how i go about getting or do i get an E-Ticket/boarding for the flight out to Barbados? on 03/03/23

also is it advisable to attach the cruise/luggage labels at departure airport or at destination airport?

thanks

Gem

If you go to my P&O cruises and log in with your booking reference the documents will appear there for you to print when the time comes, usually about three weeks before the cruise. You need to complete your details for the cruise, read through the pre cruise checklist and associated details, it can be a bit fiddly first time but you have time to sort it.

You are likely to be on a charter flight so you should not see your luggage again once booked in at the airport until they are delivered to your cabin, therefore you need to attach the luggage labels at the departure airport.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

You are likely to be on a charter flight so you should not see your luggage again once booked in at the airport until they are delivered to your cabin, therefore you need to attach the luggage labels at the departure airport.

Really! 🤯 that will be weird and strange to walk out the airport without checking the carousel, do P&O give you confirmation of this,

2 minutes ago, GemC said:

Really! 🤯 that will be weird and strange to walk out the airport without checking the carousel, do P&O give you confirmation of this,

They will give you confirmation, this is the good thing about charter flights, everyone on the plane is going on the same cruise so they know where all the luggage is going. In 20 years we have only once had to get our own luggage on a charter flight and that was because of a hitch in Jamaica with their security

• Like 1

Last time we went through Barbados to the cruise ship the bags went straight to the ship and we did not even go into the terminal building, the coaches took us directly from the steps of the plane to the ship.
On the return the bags were taken from outside your cabin and you next see them (hopefully) at the UK airport.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GemC said:

In Barbados,  I can't remember actually walking out of the airport. Off the plane, into the bus, off to the ship.

• Like 1

That’s right. The only walking from the aircraft you’ll be doing is across the tarmac to a coach. That is assuming you are on a TUI charter flight. If you have instead flown BA or Virgin then you will have to collect your bags from the carousel. Not sure how you get to the ship in that case. Taxi probably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pennib said:

That’s right. The only walking from the aircraft you’ll be doing is across the tarmac to a coach. That is assuming you are on a TUI charter flight. If you have instead flown BA or Virgin then you will have to collect your bags from the carousel. Not sure how you get to the ship in that case. Taxi probably.

yep, flying with TUI