Symphony unlimited dining package question

JJCas

I just did a last min booking for the Symphony on Feb 18.  I booked the unlimited dining package, but I see now I can't book times at restaurants until we board.  The cruise seems pretty full, I was wondering if anyone has done this on a full ship and been able to get the dining they wanted at decent times (we don't mind eating late...)?  

Right when you get on board go to any specialty restaurant and book all nights. They can book all the restaurants except hibachi. So we go straight to hibachi restaurant, and have them book all of our specialty dinners.  You will have no problem getting what you want if you book immediately. 

We were on Symphony in December and had the UDP. We made reservations once we boarded, and even tho several time slots were full we were able to fill in the whole week easily. And, several times were able to walk up and get an earlier time because there were empty tables....So, you'll be fine!

I sailed symphony during thanksgiving week. A lot of time slots were taken by the time people boarded at 11:30am. And 2 restaurants were fully booked and unable to make reservations at (Wonderland and the Hibachi). I was able to get into wonderland for a 9:30pm time slot (not my preferred time) by getting on a waitlist. I had a reservation at the hibachi, but we ate with people who got in off the waitlist.

Despite the inability to get all the times and restaurants we wanted, we did eat at every specialty restaurant and we ate at one for every dinner (and a couple second dinners) and a few lunches.