Cocktail Reception...

One of the problems I've noticed with this site is that people take their experiences on their cruise (or cruises) and will tell you that that is how things are on every ship on every sailing with every captain and every cruise director.

You can expect free drinks, including champagne on every cruise I've been on, at the Captain's Reception. What exactly is available and how to get it varies.

and it doesn't have to be paid for by the Captain. On my Grandeur sailing, Capt Admarker stated that the drinks were being provided by some senior officer, who happened to be a woman, I think she was the...oh heck I can't remember, by the time he got down the line to her introduction, I had been visited by many a waiter.

One of the problems I've noticed with this site is that people take their experiences on their cruise (or cruises) and will tell you that that is how things are on every ship on every sailing with every captain and every cruise director.

You can expect free drinks, including champagne on every cruise I've been on, at the Captain's Reception. What exactly is available and how to get it varies.

But, this isn't a "problem"....it's what CruiseCritic is for: to pass along our opinions and experiences.

My personal experience has been the same on many, many cruises. I can remember DH getting his vodka collins at the bar in the 1970's, because he didn't want to wait for the waiter to circle back with it. Been going up to the bar ever since.

Archived