Ryndam Two week Review-phase one

Toad

See you there. We are also booked on this same tour. Thanks so much for the information. :)

We are going on the Island Safari in Barbados and doing the baths in Virgin Gorda. What do you have planned?

Toad - thanks for driver contact information. I have sent him an e-mail.

A Tampa boarding question...

We will be in Tampa with a rental car for few days before cruise. We wonder about dropping off our baggage at the pier before returning the car to the airport. Perhaps one of us would have to stay with the baggage? Based on your experience at Tampa Port, and with HAL, does that sound like a reasonable idea?

Thanks,

Oma

We have cruised out of Tampa (and will again soon :) ) and you can drive up to the terminal, hand your luggage to the stevedores. (You probably want to tip them a bit :) ), then go do whatever you need to do with your car. There should be no difficulty dropping the luggage first. In the highly unlikely event they would say that one of you needs to stay at the terminal (which is just about out of the question they would), it really wouldn't be that big a deal for 'ma' to stay with there while 'pa' deals with the car.

Have a GREAT time.

The Captain was very nice, although I have forgotten his name, will let you know when we are home. More later.

Thanks for your review! Captain Frans Consen maybe? Did he roll his "R's" as in "the beautiful and elegant Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryndam"?:D

Thanks for your review! Captain Frans Consen maybe? Did he roll his "R's" as in "the beautiful and elegant Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryndam"?:D

The captain on the Feb 5th cruise was Maurits Groothuis-can't say for sure who was the Master on this (Feb 19th) cruise.

Darn.........I was looking forward to some nice fish at dinner. Think I better 'adjust' my culinary expectations. Fish sounds like it is disappointing on Ryndam. :( I don't care about crab or lobster but certainly would enjoy some nice filet fish servings.

My wife had the Halibut (topped with crabmeat) at the Pinnacle one evening, and she raved about it.

Also wanted to say that the snorkeling wa fantastic in Grand Cayman. Don't bother to take the excursion if you are a good swimmer. Walk through town and have lunch at one of the restaurants. They all seem to have ladders into the sea and my S/O swam to the wreck and snrkeled for quite some time there. The restaurant feeds the fish so they hang out there.

Toad, so glad to hear Tiffany was your Concierge, by chance to you happen to strike up a conversation with her and find out how long she was going to be on the Ryndam? That or possibley Sail can check with her. She was our Concierge when we were on the Ryndam in Mov 2004. I wonder if she got married her fiance' also worked on the Ryndam. She was an absolute GEM. I would be so very thrilled if she will be our Concierge when we go on the Ryndam in 8 weeks. Of course I am also hoping Frans Consen will be Captain:)

Tiffany was moving to the front desk after our cruise, and no she isn't married, but still engaged and her fiance was on the ship. Really a nice girl, and no plans to marry as long as she is on the ship.

Tiffany was moving to the front desk after our cruise, and no she isn't married, but still engaged and her fiance was on the ship. Really a nice girl, and no plans to marry as long as she is on the ship.

Thanks for the info, I hope she is still on board in 8 weeks, we will have to stop at the Front Desk and say Hi to her.

Thanks for the info, I hope she is still on board in 8 weeks, we will have to stop at the Front Desk and say Hi to her.

Tiffany indicated that she would be on the Ryndam through the end of the Alaska season--so, you should be able to see her on your cruise. She was a great concierge and her replacement (Charisse) is just as nice.

Toad and others I may have confused--so sorry in my earlier post that I referred to things re:the 2/5 Ryndam when I really knew you were on the 2/19 sailing. Guess it was a "senior moment":rolleyes: --or I could just have been distracted after learning that my youngest son and his wife are expecting their first child and my 5th "grand"!

At any rate, I'm glad you had smooth sailing on the 2/19 cruise and wish you the same on your upcoming one.

Archived