Live to Partly Live to Oh Well from Celebrity Infinity, Feb 11-25, 2023 Antarctica and Iguasu Falls

BlerkOne

46 minutes ago, Iriel said:

Cool pics!! What's that Celebrity bag? Is it a gift? Also, are you using basic or premium wifi? Just to know what to expect. 

I think a gift. I'm planning on taking it, anyway. I think the umbrella, too. But I'll ask my steward, first.

I upgraded to the premium. Jury is still out on if it is worth it 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think a gift. I'm planning on taking it, anyway. I think the umbrella, too. But I'll ask my steward, first.

I upgraded to the premium. Jury is still out on if it is worth it 

Ooh, thanks the reply! I'm sure I'll have to upgrade too 😭

1 hour ago, Iriel said:

Ooh, thanks the reply! I'm sure I'll have to upgrade too 😭

It was cheaper for me to upgrade before the cruise, plus I got a small discount based on status. Right now I can make (my phone thinks) internet calls, but I haven't tried. Maybe manana.

• Like 1

Just a quick note-at  the Buenos Aires port- after your number is called and you get cleared to board the ship— you take a flight of stairs ( there is a very small, slow elevator) and then a shuttle bus from the port building out to the ship. They cram the bus full, so If you are carrying on a lot of bags yourself , be prepared to hold it all on your lap as there are no racks or anywhere to put the bags. When you arrive at the ship you walk up the gangplank in order to enter the ship. At the end of the cruise, its the reverse, and no one is in a good mood about it then!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, PTCruizer said:

Have a great cruise Blerkone. We board in less than a month. Can’t wait. Were those shops you pictured in the cruise terminal? - Thanks. 

Yes. All kinds of things for sale from tee shirts to sunglasses to liquor. And all kinds of crap. Many different vendors.

Supposed to show the Superbowl all over the ship tonight. I think even in the staterooms 

5 hours ago, Poconolady said:

Just a quick note-at  the Buenos Aires port- after your number is called and you get cleared to board the ship— you take a flight of stairs ( there is a very small, slow elevator) and then a shuttle bus from the port building out to the ship. They cram the bus full, so If you are carrying on a lot of bags yourself , be prepared to hold it all on your lap as there are no racks or anywhere to put the bags. When you arrive at the ship you walk up the gangplank in order to enter the ship. At the end of the cruise, its the reverse, and no one is in a good mood about it then!!

I hope it's low tide as otherwise the only way to board is shown below.

For anyone with walking difficulties it's a night mare, and for wheelchair users even worse.

Have a wonderful trip.P1040034.thumb.JPG.ec18aee313754d8422c71e3154cc1ea5.JPGP1040036.thumb.JPG.271a72633b09e3324f70f1ea6c84e37c.JPGP1040039.thumb.JPG.963128c70adfeee8d63c34d16ffc897f.JPG

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

I hope it's low tide as otherwise the only way to board is shown below.

For anyone with walking difficulties it's a night mare, and for wheelchair users even worse.

Have a wonderful trip.P1040034.thumb.JPG.ec18aee313754d8422c71e3154cc1ea5.JPGP1040036.thumb.JPG.271a72633b09e3324f70f1ea6c84e37c.JPGP1040039.thumb.JPG.963128c70adfeee8d63c34d16ffc897f.JPG

I don't recall anything like that and must not been impressed enough to take a picture. There was a slope but not huge. Luggage had an easy ride. Not sure what the did with wheel chairs - I don't know that I've seen any.

Oooo. I'm hearing thunder.

PXL_20230211_171024960_DxO.jpg

PXL_20230211_171033331_DxO.jpg

I’m on the next cruise can you give me an idea of what people are wearing on the ship? Is the ship kept to wam for sweatshirts. I’m hoping it’s cool.

what about the air conditioning or heat in your room, is it working ok?

this is probably the hardest packing job I’ve had in all my cruises.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I’m on the next cruise can you give me an idea of what people are wearing on the ship? Is the ship kept to wam for sweatshirts. I’m hoping it’s cool.

I’d like to know this as well, please. 

41 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

36 minutes ago, sunpsyche said:

I’d like to know this as well, please. 

Many have been wearing shorts and tee shirts. I think that's about to end.

My cabin stays about 70 so far. It was about 75 when I boarded.

If the forecast holds, It will snow in Ushuaia. 

The only solution is to pack layers and have somewhere in there a waterproof/windproof layer. The weather can do anything.

OTOH, this is only the 2nd day of the cruise - we'll see. It will be warm to hot again before we get back to Buenos Aires.

15 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Thanks as the cruise goes along can you keep us updated? 75 in a cabin, I would be roasting!

im planning on layering but am wondering if I’m bringing enough warm weather clothes, especially if the ship is kept warm.

The interior ship temp was fairly constant throughout, I’m going to say in the 65- 70 degree neighborhood. During the sea days I wore long pants and long sleeve shirts, sometimes with a sweater,  and ( yes, I know there were always some in shorts, even outside on deck in Antartica), for Antartica you are going to need layers of cold weather items if you are on deck. I wore long underwear, jeans, wool socks, waterproof shoes, a layering turtleneck, polar fleece sweatshirt, a down coat with a waterproof/windproof shell over the top of all that. Scarf, gloves ( with the fingertip grips so I could work the camera) and polar fleece hat with the hood of the coat up. Yes, a walking sausage, but I was able to walk around on the upper deck and truly enjoy the experience I had come for. It was easy to go back to the cabin and shed a few pieces when needed. Be sure to pick up a lap robe from the pool deck to have for use  on your balcony.

Packing for the trip was tricky, but honestly, you really do need  some clothes for every season. Mix and match them up to gete tra layers when necessary. Buenos Aires, Puetro Madryn and Montevideo are HOT,, HOT, HOT. Ushuaia was cool ( 50’s in Jan) and Falkland Islands in the high 40-50’s. The days after Ushuaia, and thru the Antarctic are cold on deck, pools and hot tubs are closed, they bring the tables and chairs into the Oceanview to provide for more seating.

Dining rooms and the theater were comfortable, but I either  had  on long sleeves or had a sweater or pashmina with me.

Now, , if you don’t plan on being outside on deck or taking any shore excursions you could wear shorts and tshirts the whole time and save a lot of luggage space!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't recall anything like that and must not been impressed enough to take a picture. There was a slope but not huge. Luggage had an easy ride. Not sure what the did with wheel chairs - I don't know that I've seen any.

Oooo. I'm hearing thunder.

PXL_20230211_171024960_DxO.jpg

PXL_20230211_171033331_DxO.jpg

As I said it depends on the tides. My pics were taken in March 2019, from the Eclipse. We had an overnight onboard pre cruise. X arranged for additional local staff to be on hand until midnight to assist passengers. Unfortunately a lot of passengers (including dozens on Celebrity excursions to Tango shows) returned after midnight to find no assistance was available. It was cold, wet, with no cover and it took X nearly an hour to sort everything out and get us aboard. The ramp was so steep that it took 3 members of staff to get just one wheelchair up the slope. A kind member of the ships theatre company lent my wife his jacket as some protection from the rain. Not the perfect ending to the thoughly enjoyable evening we had spent with 15 other members  from CC at a Tango show celebrating our Golden Wedding.

• Thanks 1