Live to Partly Live to Oh Well from Celebrity Infinity, Feb 11-25, 2023 Antarctica and Iguasu Falls

BlerkOne

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

After - just for one night.

That'll be a great way to end this cruise. We visited Iguazu in 2018 and it certainly was a WOW. Much more impressive than a photo shows. Look out your window as you fly in and out of that area and you may be able to see the falls from high above. They were impressive even at that height.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had OBC that I needed to use on something, so booked the Iguazu Falls Overnight excursion through Celebrity. I may not be much use to those trying to plan on their own, but will take pictures. The cruise includes booze, tips, and basic Internet so that is taken care on.

I booked premium economy round trip air through Celebrity and so far am happy with my selection. It was at least $500 cheaper than I could have booked on my own. Not business class, but I do get 2 bags included. Flying in 2 days early, so hopefully even if there is a flight delay, I will still make the cruise.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, kathynorth said:

That'll be a great way to end this cruise. We visited Iguazu in 2018 and it certainly was a WOW. Much more impressive than a photo shows. Look out your window as you fly in and out of that area and you may be able to see the falls from high above. They were impressive even at that height.  

I will try

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were on the Eclipse a few years ago as well and the cruise ended in Buenos Aires where we stayed for another week. Midway through that week, we flew to Iguazu Falls one morning and spent the night in the park then flew back to BA the next evening. 

Iguazu Falls is one of the most insanely spectacular sights I have ever seen. When we checked in to the hotel, they offered an upsell to a room with a falls view which we took after negotiating a 6 pm checkout the next day. And it was worth in. 

So I highly recommend going and I recommend staying in the park. Then you can head out on the trails at your leisure and enjoy their infinity pool while looking at the falls.  We met some folks on the ship who did a one day post cruise trip to Iguazu on the day of disembarkation.  If that is all you can do, then do it, but it is a very tough day especially considering the heat and the amount of walking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Happy to follow along and especially hear about your planning for Iguasu Falls.     Planning visiting them on a cruise in the next couple of years.

Do the overnight or book your own overnight visit, if you can. I did the one day excursion (you read my "As Live as I can be" review of the 1/2 Infinity sailing), and it was A LOT. Met at 5:45am on the ship and got to my hotel at 2am (hour flight delay, but still!). I wish I had the luxury of another day and a hotel with views of the Falls. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it. It was breathtaking, and I felt...fulfilled (?) for lack of a better word. It wasn't rushed; it was just a lot to do in one day.

11 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

Do the overnight or book your own overnight visit, if you can. I did the one day excursion (you read my "As Live as I can be" review of the 1/2 Infinity sailing), and it was A LOT. Met at 5:45am on the ship and got to my hotel at 2am (hour flight delay, but still!). I wish I had the luxury of another day and a hotel with views of the Falls. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it. It was breathtaking, and I felt...fulfilled (?) for lack of a better word. It wasn't rushed; it was just a lot to do in one day.

That is our plan.   We will be arriving on the TA on Equinox Dec 2024 so plenty of time to plan.   I was thinking of flying there on day of disembarkation so I don't have to get 2 AirB2B or pay for 3-4 days that we would not be there.

Did you take the Celebrity Excursion?    I know they can be extremely expensive.   When we did the the Taj Mahal I took the Celebrity itinerary and had an agent replicate it except we stayed in Agra instead of Delhi.   The price was about 1/4 of what Celebrity was charging and it ended up 1/2 of the Celebrity Excursion was on the same flight as us.