Triple Room on Royal Caribbean

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in January 2024 on the Ovation of the Seas.

We have 7 people in the group and looking at getting a quad balcony room and a triple balcony room. 

The quad balcony room is not a problem, but the triple balcony room is not available on the Royal Caribbean booking website.  The only room available for triple sharing is a Junior Suite.  However, the price is very high (around $9K).  A quad balcony room is around $5.5K.

Now my question is whether I'll be able to book a quad balcony room to fit the 3 people?  We can just put down a friends name as the fourth person and check them in online a day before the cruise, then on the day they are a no show. 

Has anyone done something like this?  Will Royal Caribbean adjust the price of the room on the day of the no show?

Thank in advance for your help.

4 hours ago, imashy14u2 said:

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in January 2024 on the Ovation of the Seas.

We have 7 people in the group and looking at getting a quad balcony room and a triple balcony room. 

The quad balcony room is not a problem, but the triple balcony room is not available on the Royal Caribbean booking website.  The only room available for triple sharing is a Junior Suite.  However, the price is very high (around $9K).  A quad balcony room is around $5.5K.

Now my question is whether I'll be able to book a quad balcony room to fit the 3 people?  We can just put down a friends name as the fourth person and check them in online a day before the cruise, then on the day they are a no show. 

Has anyone done something like this?  Will Royal Caribbean adjust the price of the room on the day of the no show?

I just did exactly the same thing,a no show.

There was not a question asked,the sea card was there for the extra person.

No one ask where the missing passenger was at any time.

Some say they get a refund on taxes and port fees but I didn’t, there wasn’t a price adjustment.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, imashy14u2 said:

Hi everyone,

The number of berths listed is the maximum number of passengers that can be booked in the cabin. You can just book 3 people in a 4 berth balcony. If you book in an extra name, it costs more.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I just did exactly the same thing,a no show.

There was not a question asked,the sea card was there for the extra person.

No one ask where the missing passenger was at any time.

Some say they get a refund on taxes and port fees but I didn’t, there wasn’t a price adjustment.

Thanks Chiliburn, that’s good to know

4 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Why don't you just contact a travel agent, good ones know what can and what can't be done, plus they quite often know booking tricks, that may help.

Regards

I suggested the idea to a travel agent and they said it can be done. Just have to go through the booking and online check in process, but not show up on departure day

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The number of berths listed is the maximum number of passengers that can be booked in the cabin. You can just book 3 people in a 4 berth balcony. If you book in an extra name, it costs more.

Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. When you put down 3 people for a stateroom, it doesn’t allow the balcony rooms to be chosen, only the junior suite. 

4 hours ago, imashy14u2 said:

I suggested the idea to a travel agent and they said it can be done. Just have to go through the booking and online check in process, but not show up on departure day

We had a similar situation recently, there were only three berth cabins available on line for a cruise we wished to do. The TA was able to book the cabin for three then delete a person, hey presto three birth balcony for two!

It would seem that it depends on how experienced the TA is. 

• Thanks 1