2 questions. Can you book a guarantee through a TA? What are the average upgrades?

Well the title says it all....I always book through a TA and she has never mentioned guarantee rooms. How many of you think they are worth the risk? What are the average upgrades you have encountered?

Thanks

Jen

Adventure ... May 7

Jewel 2005

Explorer 2004

Voyager 2002

Monarch 1994

Yes, a TA can do that. Rule of thumb is to book what you'll be happy with, regardless of location. Guarantees can work both ways-- you can get lucky and get upgraded, or you can get the worst room in the catagory you pick. Book at your own risk!

I agree with CB. Upgrades are not guaranteed, a guarantee only means you are guaranteed that cabin catagory. I did this ONE time and got a cabin right under the show lounge stage and right by where they drop anchor. When we were pulled into port and they started lowering the anchor, whoa, sounded like a train was coming thru the cabin. Good thing I dont go to bed early and I get up early so it never bothered me. I just got out of there as soon as the racket started.

Archived