Wasabi on Breakaway?

kuku77254

I did not go but daughter and grown granddaughter did (on breakaway January 8-15) they said it as awesome. You do know you can use your specialty dinning pkg there. Total of 4 items.  My GD got 3 rolls and something else.  How the skinny girl ate it i will never know.

5 hours ago, kuku77254 said:

Are there any sushi eaters that have an opinion on Wasabi? We never made it to Food Republic on Encore so we were considering trying Wasabi but since no one ever mentions it, I'm wondering if that's because it's not very good.

We at lunch there in August and enjoyed it. We had extra SDP credits, so we each used 1 (total of 8 dishes)... way too much food for two... we took a doggy bag. 

image.png.274c768edf90f1192f3c4ccd9cd01bea.png

image.png.a125e0a53f4f7d33760e6ea5c0ad4889.png

image.png.14684f474f06992458c3eef30c71db3f.png

image.png.74bf7241ab9ba129198601cdcac6bc69.png

image.png.df173d30f16cff52137055c1c9fe8199.png

image.png.5480c34748e7e014b74c2ddecd355c0d.png

image.png.4c0c3b92aa4efbb97cacba17b7f50d86.png

image.png.7b5d381f0e214263f44935c55f2c51cf.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

Yeah too much food for 2 people.  I wonder why they are open for lunch on so

e cruises and not others.  Was not open for lunch last month. 

Probably b/c they might not have adequate quantity (supply chain logistics) of fresh fish fillet & other ingredients on hand for the limited # of sushi rolls on the menu - I would go for some nice sashimi instead, then 4 items for 1 person will be just fined.  There are certain refrigerated & frozen items that they can easily & creatively add, once properly defrosted,  to compliment the very limited selections now

Yeah, wholly "whale" (cow) that's a lot of rolls on each tray, looked practically like the portions served in Food Republic - let's hope that NCL isn't going to start shrinking them somehow ... magically, which they are known to do well these days.  

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Probably b/c they might not have adequate quantity (supply chain logistics) of fresh fish fillet & other ingredients on hand for the limited # of sushi rolls on the menu - I would go for some nice sashimi instead, then 4 items for 1 person will be just fined.  There are certain refrigerated & frozen items that they can easily & creatively add, once properly defrosted,  to compliment the very limited selections now

Yeah, wholly "whale" (cow) that's a lot of rolls on each tray, looked practically like the portions served in Food Republic - let's hope that NCL isn't going to start shrinking them somehow ... magically, which they are known to do well these days.  

I didn’t think that there is any fresh fish onboard. I thought that everything had to be frozen to kill parasites. 

We were disappointed that Food Republic was not open for lunch on the Prima. We saw the FR restaurant manager working in the Indulge at lunchtime. 

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I didn’t think that there is any fresh fish onboard. I thought that everything had to be frozen to kill parasites. 

No fresh fish onboard - what I meant to say/write was that fresh fish fillet, quickly frozen properly, kept at -20C (-4F) or colder for up to 7 days.  Transported, loaded & taken onboard graded for sushi & sashimi purposes - temperature controlled at 5°C (41°F) or less once defrosted ... all sorts of requirements (tightly food-grade plastic wrapped & kept in airtight containers, etc.) to achieve that "fresh" taste as presented.  The average buffet can "mask" sushi rolls with seasoning, sauces & green onions, etc. to satisfy the taste buds, but sashimi isn't going to taste right if that sliced of tuna, yellowtail or wild salmon aren't all that fresh & been stored well past the acceptable dates.  

Probably one of the reasons for not having it on the Prima ... wasn't that on the inaugural TA, unless they can take on provisioning along the way.  Here in NY, seen them load smaller boxes of frozen products on the pier from local trucks ... probably premium meat, fish, seafood & perhaps lobsters (that's another one ... don't believe they have tanks to keep live lobsters while underway)

We were on the Breakaway in November and ate dinner at Wasabi. It was quite possibly the worst sushi and worst Japanese appetizers that I have ever had. The sushi rice was especially bad.  I would recommend that you avoid it unless you are curious as to how bad it could be.