Azamara shore excursions

woodley

On 2/5/2023 at 10:09 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

About to embark on my second azamara cruise. My first in Iceland I formed a group of 8 off cruise critic, shopped and booked some fabulous small group tours.

My upcoming back to back in the Med got little responses on the cruise critic roll calls. Taking the Azamara tours as a result. I estimate the Azamara cruise excursions about 1/3 more cost along  with a larger group. Roll call followers were less than 1 dozen on both, 1-2% of the passengers. Not a complaint but an observation. 

I agree with the large OBC offered they need they be spent. I do feel there are some great private tour operators we are missing. 

Greetings...since we are on the Azamara Onward this summer to Iceland, would you share what excursions that you booked?

Thanks

We cruised Iceland last year (not Azamara) and simply did self resarched walking tours - has a wonderful time. Everything in Iceland is very expensive including tours. Reykjavik we walked along the coastal path to the city and saw the major sights, concert hall, Hallgrimskirkfa, viking ship sculpture, penis museum.

Gurundarfjord get off the ship turn right to see some of the most spectacular scenery I have experienced. Come back to the ship for lunch then turn left for more breathtaking views at Gurundarfoss. DH is from Alaska and is totally over scenery but he was in awe of this place. 

Akureyi the botanic gardens are beautiful, check out the church and walk along the coast - turn left off the ship.

Seydisfjordur is a tiny community, you may want to consider and excursion though we very much enjoyed walking to the waterfall (take a couple of beers with you to reward your efforts) then simply went and had a couple more beers in the local bar.

1 hour ago, cincinnati_born said:

Greetings...since we are on the Azamara Onward this summer to Iceland, would you share what excursions that you booked?

Thanks

• Like 2