No families on Ventura?

Hightackle84

Hi hive-mind!!

We are wanting to book Ventura on 3rd August 2024 but whenever we look at the website or speak to travel agents, it seems that all cabins are restricted to only two people per cabin, meaning we'd have to split ourselves between two cabins with one adult and one child per cabin. 

Deck ans show rooms available which can take four people but we can't book them! 

Anyone aware of what's going on and if this is a normal thing with p&o?

Thanks in advance 

I suggest you contact P&O on 08000523840 with a view to making a booking. They should be able to let you book a cabin for four or tell you why you can’t. Being school holidays, I presume the family cabins have all been booked but they will be able to give you the definitive answer.

10 minutes ago, Hightackle84 said:

Hi hive-mind!!

We are wanting to book Ventura on 3rd August 2024 but whenever we look at the website or speak to travel agents, it seems that all cabins are restricted to only two people per cabin, meaning we'd have to split ourselves between two cabins with one adult and one child per cabin. 

Deck ans show rooms available which can take four people but we can't book them! 

Thanks in advance 

It could be that there are no child places left, they have a limit on the numbers of children for each age range.

3 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

It could be that there are no child places left, they have a limit on the numbers of children for each age range.

I have just done a dummy looking for a cabin for 4 and it conforms my suspicion that all cabins capable of taking 4 people are sold

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I have just done a dummy looking for a cabin for 4 and it conforms my suspicion that all cabins capable of taking 4 people are sold

But when I go to book for 2 people it offers me a cabin which, on the deck plan, will take 4 people

10 minutes ago, Hightackle84 said:

But when I go to book for 2 people it offers me a cabin which, on the deck plan, will take 4 people

It looks like you have reached the limit of your child’s age group. Try a dummy booking for one adult and one child in a cabin. If the child limit is reached then it should stop you booking this. If your children are in different age groups you may have to repeat for each one.

Brian

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hightackle84 said:

Hi hive-mind!!

Thanks in advance 

I had the same issue booking Arvia through a TA. I was able to book with 2 adults and 1 child and on the day I confirmed with the TA, there was an issue with P&O’s website. Next day they couldn’t book it and said that all the upper berths were closed and sometimes it happens for a day or two whilst they allocate saver fares. A few weeks later they became available but again we were too late by the time we went to book and a few weeks after that we were able to book. Every few weeks since it opens for a few days and closes again. 

I have checked several Arvia cruises in June, July and August and they are all the same. 

it doesn’t matter if you book adults or children, you can’t book 3 or 4 to a room. You can book 1 adult and 1 child. 

I did contact P&O the first time but was told it was down to fluid pricing which I don’t believe it is. 

it’s strange and whilst plenty of cabins are available that will hold 4 people but they can’t be booked for more than 2. 

I waited a few weeks and got booked and would imagine it will be the same as you as long as you check daily but as to why it’s happening, I’m not certain.  

18 months out, even though its a school holiday cruise, I suspect its a P&O booking system matter, not that all 4 person cabins are fully booked.

Super deluxe cabins sleep 4 and they are available, but P&O may be 'drip feeding' multi occupancy availability or 'fluid pricing' reasons.