African American Cruises

picklebongo

Every year there is an agency out of California that does a full ship charter, typically with Carnival, and it is geared toward African Americans. It sells out very quickly and the entertainment, food, everything is geared towards this population. Has anybody sailed on one of these theme cruises and if so, what was it like?

Hello, I know what cruise you are talking about and I'm looking around in my papers (I got some info on it, but couldn't go).

I know of another cruise that's in Feb 2/18 -2/25 2007 called "Truth and Love Cruise". It will feature Beverly Jenkins, Jacqueln Thomas, and several other black romance authors.

Give me a few days and I can find out some more for you!!

Hi there,

I found quite a few cruises that cater to the African American market. You can do a search for Black Cruise Week. It is a cool site and list cruises on different lines with different themes like the Tom Joyner, T.D. Jakes, HBCU, Singles and several other cruises geared to African Americans. We haven't gone on one yet, but are looking at doing one in the future. I'd be interested in hearing about the experience if anyone else has gone on any of these cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

If any of y'all like to read books about cruising, there is one out by Marissa Monteilh called "The Chocolate Ship". It is about a black entrepreneur that owns the first Africian American cruise line. It is one of those books that you won't want to put down once you start reading it.

• 1 month later...
Every year there is an agency out of California that does a full ship charter, typically with Carnival, and it is geared toward African Americans. It sells out very quickly and the entertainment, food, everything is geared towards this population. Has anybody sailed on one of these theme cruises and if so, what was it like?

Try doing a search for festival at sea for San Francisco and you should get the right link for this cruise. I have friends who have gone and have loved it. Also, there are some smooth jazz cruises that are supposed to be good. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Krystall looks like were going to be crusing together this October on Freedom! :) It's a family for cruise for us (parents and sisters/brothers with spouses and kids) !!! :D

Anyhow Tom Joyner does a cruise every year with RCCL but I am not sure when it will be this year but I've heard his cruises awesome lots of comedians and entertainers are onboard and are apart of the entertainment. Plus the proceeds benefit black colleges and scholarships for african american kids.

Krystall looks like were going to be crusing together this October on Freedom! :) It's a family for cruise for us (parents and sisters/brothers with spouses and kids) !!!

Anyhow Tom Joyner does a cruise every year with RCCL but I am not sure when it will be this year but I've heard his cruises awesome lots of comedians and entertainers are onboard and are apart of the entertainment. Plus the proceeds benefit black colleges and scholarships for african american kids.

Yep!

Will be just dh and I. We are looking forward to it.

AA Cruises: I know you can't place links here but for the OP also do a search on "Festival At Sea" and "Fantastic Voyage" (this is Tom Joyner's HBC charity cruise). They did this one on 5/29/26 this year. I was just looking at the pictures. Looks like they had a great time. There's someone I use to chat with online that goes every year and has a ball. Lots of different themes. Pajama night, Mardri Gras night.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a AA Couples cruise. I love the kids but let them stay home for this one. lol :D

Hope to chat with you again before the cruise. Have you visited the Roll Call board for FOS yet? Stop by. I think they are trying to put together a Meet-N-Greet party.

Take care

Yep!

Will be just dh and I. We are looking forward to it.

AA Cruises: I know you can't place links here but for the OP also do a search on "Festival At Sea" and "Fantastic Voyage" (this is Tom Joyner's HBC charity cruise). They did this one on 5/29/26 this year. I was just looking at the pictures. Looks like they had a great time. There's someone I use to chat with online that goes every year and has a ball. Lots of different themes. Pajama night, Mardri Gras night.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a AA Couples cruise. I love the kids but let them stay home for this one. lol :D

Hope to chat with you again before the cruise. Have you visited the Roll Call board for FOS yet? Stop by. I think they are trying to put together a Meet-N-Greet party.

Take care

Me and hubby don't have kids yet, but my sisters do so we'll be childless too. :D

I signed up in the MM several months back and yes they have put together a MM party and I'm looking forward to it. Lot of great folks in our group! Not sure how I am going to manage my composure for the next few months but I will. We're flying in the day before (as we always do) and staying over night in Miami. We're flying from Detroit, Michigan and sister is flying in from Phoenix, Arizona.

Sooo looking forward to coming in the day before and basking in the Miami sun!:cool: This will be my sister's and DH 1st cruise so they are very geeked (family of 6 for them :eek: )!

Hope to talk to you again before the cruise as well.

Take care

• 4 years later...

Big Daddy Kane, Ci Ci Peniston, Dana Dane, Force MDs, Full Force, Kwame, Kool Moe Dee, MC Shan and many more will join this year's cruise. The Old School Cruise Fest will include old school hip hop and R&B artists, comedians, and a host of onboard activities. You will dance to the tunes that you grew up with onboard the Carnival Victory. Your concert experience will be like none other that you have experience. The Old School Cruise Fest concerts will give you an intimate experience with a variety of hip hop artists, celebrities and professional athletes. The 2011 Old School Cruise Fest will be onboard the Carnival Victory, sailing from San Juan, Puerto Rico visiting six islands; St. Thomas/St. John, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and San Maarten. Port of sail San Juan Puerto Rico and sail Dates are July 24-31, 2011

Archived