1/28 -2/4 Apex Dining thoughts and ask me any ?’s

Al2863

Just off Apex, long time cruiser but first on Celebrity.

We had a reservation for Normandie made weeks before cruise. When we got there (on time) they told us they had no available tables for over an hour. Didn’t really explain why and we had to ask them to call the other dining rooms to find us a table. Got a table at Cosmo but just be aware a reservation isn’t a guarantee.

Buffet is like what everyone has reported, terrible at dinner but I can always manage to find something.  If you’re dinner buffet diners, you might want to have a bigger lunch instead as this selection was more like dinner.

Ate at Eden, good but nothing to ooh and aah over.

Ate at the other 3 Main dining rooms. Food again ok, wish the tables were alittle farther apart, actually felt like communal dining.

I heard how great the Celebrity food was and just didn’t see it.  It was good don’t get me wrong but not any better than what I’ve had on my recent NCL cruises.

Id be happy to answer any other Apex questions if I can!  We were on Deck 8 (8182) Infinite Veranda

Edited by Al2863
  • Thanks 4

• Al2863 changed the title to 1/28 -2/4 Apex Dining thoughts and ask me any ?’s
1 hour ago, Al2863 said:

Just off Apex, long time cruiser but first on Celebrity.

We had a reservation for Normandie made weeks before cruise. When we got there (on time) they told us they had no available tables for over an hour. Didn’t really explain why and we had to ask them to call the other dining rooms to find us a table. Got a table at Cosmo but just be aware a reservation isn’t a guarantee.

Buffet is like what everyone has reported, terrible at dinner but I can always manage to find something.  If you’re dinner buffet diners, you might want to have a bigger lunch instead as this selection was more like dinner.

Ate at Eden, good but nothing to ooh and aah over.

Ate at the other 3 Main dining rooms. Food again ok, wish the tables were alittle farther apart, actually felt like communal dining.

I heard how great the Celebrity food was and just didn’t see it.  It was good don’t get me wrong but not any better than what I’ve had on my recent NCL cruises.

Id be happy to answer any other Apex questions if I can!  We were on Deck 8 (8182) Infinite Veranda

Thanks for your honest review!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

We were on the ship with you and I totally concur with your findings.  We ate at the dinner buffet on two nights and the Pasta Bar saved the day for us. 

The pasta bar is open at dinner time now? When we were on earlier in January the pasta bar was definitely closed at dinner time !!!

22 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

We were on the ship with you and I totally concur with your findings.  We ate at the dinner buffet on two nights and the Pasta Bar saved the day for us. 

We ate there 2 nights as well, one night I just did pizza which would have been ok but was ice cold.

4 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

The pasta bar is open at dinner time now? When we were on earlier in January the pasta bar was definitely closed at dinner time !!!

Pasta station was open, thank god😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

We were also on this sailing.  The pasta bar was alternated with the stir fry station every other night, I think.  We missed two nights as we ate in San Juan and at Rooftop Grill... but on the last night when I saw pasta, I asked the OVC manager and he told me they were alternating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, britestar said:

Thank you for your review. Other than mediocre food, how was the service, music, production shows, etc.?

I really liked the shows, went to quite a few.  They also had nice music in the evening in the Grand Plaza area but this area although 2 decks isn’t big enough.  If you want a seat there in the evening especially with a large sailing get there early.

I had no problem with service anywhere.

Really liked the Rooftop Garden and the Solarium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al2863 said:

I really liked the shows, went to quite a few.  They also had nice music in the evening in the Grand Plaza area but this area although 2 decks isn’t big enough.  If you want a seat there in the evening especially with a large sailing get there early.

What did you think of the noise level in the Grand Plaza?  We enjoyed the music, but couldn’t stand the noise level. My Apple Watch measured the sound at 100db. We moved up a deck and the sound level was better. 

3 hours ago, pilot said:

What did you think of the noise level in the Grand Plaza?  We enjoyed the music, but couldn’t stand the noise level. My Apple Watch measured the sound at 100db. We moved up a deck and the sound level was better. 

What deck did you watch/listen from? I was usually on 4 near Cafe Al Bacio

10 hours ago, Al2863 said:

Thank you. 

• 3 months later...