Vibe Beach Club questions….

cruisinpips

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Did you buy the passes recently or when they first made the switch?

We booked the cruise Jan 30. I downloaded the app and set up our cruise with Conf #. Then looked around and saw the Vibe. Sounded great for my wife and I, read up on it and booked it and paid for it Feb 4. Sent me receipts too. All done on the app. Hope that helps. 

6 hours ago, Negma said:

We booked the cruise Jan 30. I downloaded the app and set up our cruise with Conf #. Then looked around and saw the Vibe. Sounded great for my wife and I, read up on it and booked it and paid for it Feb 4. Sent me receipts too. All done on the app. Hope that helps. 

Yes, it does as it gives me realalistic hope we can get them before final payment.   Thank you.   As I mentioned in a prior post, it will be a dealbreaker for us.  No Vibe, no cruise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you.   I will check daily on my NCL App for them them to become available.  

Good luck. I know how important that water is to you (sorry I can't resist bringing the other thread and some of those posters here). But really...I do hope you're able to get it! 

Might I suggest you also try calling or chatting an agent? Maybe you did that and I missed it, but they could have some availability not showing up online for some reason. It's NCL, you never know! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Good luck. I know how important that water is to you (sorry I can't resist bringing the other thread and some of those posters here). But really...I do hope you're able to get it! 

Might I suggest you also try calling or chatting an agent? Maybe you did that and I missed it, but they could have some availability not showing up online for some reason. It's NCL, you never know! 

Thank you for your good wishes on us securing the Vibe passes!  Upon my research, it seems as though since the ship (Viva) is still not sailing, Vibe passes have not been released yet for any sailing.   Our sailing is in February 2025 so I have 20 months to try to secure them before final payment.

And yes, we are a family that loves water--both to drink and swim in!   Both of my children were competitive swimmers (even swam for college) and were lifeguards in their teen years and my son still lifeguards at Robert Moses Beach during the summer out here on Long Island.   But, in that other "water" thread, I did say that we were "gifted" the water after my e-mail communication.  

Not to go off topic, but I am looking forward to reading about how you feel the Joy Haven sundeck compares to the Getaway Haven sundeck.   

29 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for your good wishes on us securing the Vibe passes!  Upon my research, it seems as though since the ship (Viva) is still not sailing, Vibe passes have not been released yet for any sailing.   Our sailing is in February 2025 so I have 20 months to try to secure them before final payment.

And yes, we are a family that loves water--both to drink and swim in!   Both of my children were competitive swimmers (even swam for college) and were lifeguards in their teen years and my son still lifeguards at Robert Moses Beach during the summer out here on Long Island.   But, in that other "water" thread, I did say that we were "gifted" the water after my e-mail communication.  

Not to go off topic, but I am looking forward to reading about how you feel the Joy Haven sundeck compares to the Getaway Haven sundeck.   

I am booked on the Viva for April of 2024, and Vibe passes were already available and I purchased mine. I don't know why they were on sale so early, but that's just my personal experience!

24 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

I am booked on the Viva for April of 2024, and Vibe passes were already available and I purchased mine. I don't know why they were on sale so early, but that's just my personal experience!

Oh no (for me).   I will now up my game.   When did you book your sailing?

2 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

I booked last month (January 2024). I was surprised that Vibe passes were on sale.

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Oh no (for me).   I will now up my game.   When did you book your sailing?

OK, I gave misinformation. I just checked and I do not have the Vibe booked on the Viva yet. I'm hoping that's good news for you!

9 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

OK, I gave misinformation. I just checked and I do not have the Vibe booked on the Viva yet. I'm hoping that's good news for you!

Thank you for double checking.   I had just called again and were told they are not yet available.

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

thanks for clarifying - you had me a little bit scared.

Me too!   

On 2/17/2023 at 7:59 AM, vacation44 said:

Thank you.   I will check daily on my NCL App for them them to become available.  

The Vibe didn’t show up on my app without me doing a search for it.  It should show up from the search, even if you can’t book it.                                                                                                                     

Question for you experienced Vibe pass people.  Does getting a cabana help with the wind issue?  I know sometimes, on the top deck, nothing helps.  Going to be on the Getaway in Northern Europe in August and am a bit concerned it could be too cool/windy.  Appreciate any thoughts/experiences you can share. Happy Cruising 😎

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasTraveler18 said:

Question for you experienced Vibe pass people.  Does getting a cabana help with the wind issue?  I know sometimes, on the top deck, nothing helps.  Going to be on the Getaway in Northern Europe in August and am a bit concerned it could be too cool/windy.  Appreciate any thoughts/experiences you can share. Happy Cruising 😎

Very very windy on the Getaway right now.  The Getaway’s cabana is shaped like an igloo so the answer is yes it cuts it down tremendously. Doesn’t stop all of the wind but it does cut it down significantly.   I was at the Vibe bar today.  There was about 15 people in the Vibe.  The wind started going crazy.  Lounge pillows flying everywhere.   The Vibe emptied.   I went in my cabana with my wife.   She was laying down reading a book.  She didn’t even know what was going on out there. 

A side note.  There is 4800 people on the Getaway.  They sold 150 Vibe tix.  Apparently they say the Getaway is one of the biggest vibes.  Only 5 cabanas.  I think it was worth the extra 89$.  Just wish there was music. 

• Like 4

On 2/7/2023 at 3:46 AM, vacation44 said:

We feel exactly the same way.  We have never sailed NCL without the Vibe except once when we stayed in a Haven cabin and we regretted not getting the passes that week.   We have passes for our February 2024 and June 2024 sailings already.  If they were not available, we would switch to another alternative as we have no interest in fighting for deck space with 4000 plus passengers.   

@cruisinpipsAgain, I would check everyday for cancellations.

We will be in the Haven  Gateway for 10 days its our first time cruising NCL we don’t know if its a good idea or even if is worth $650 for both of us since we are in the Haven 

appreciate you opinion 

Thanx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deacon22 said:

Very very windy on the Getaway right now.  The Getaway’s cabana is shaped like an igloo so the answer is yes it cuts it down tremendously. Doesn’t stop all of the wind but it does cut it down significantly.   I was at the Vibe bar today.  There was about 15 people in the Vibe.  The wind started going crazy.  Lounge pillows flying everywhere.   The Vibe emptied.   I went in my cabana with my wife.   She was laying down reading a book.  She didn’t even know what was going on out there. 

A side note.  There is 4800 people on the Getaway.  They sold 150 Vibe tix.  Apparently they say the Getaway is one of the biggest vibes.  Only 5 cabanas.  I think it was worth the extra 89$.  Just wish there was music. 

Quick question. Do you have the same cabana  every day or you can pick what ever is available

thanks  

8 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

We will be in the Haven  Gateway for 10 days its our first time cruising NCL we don’t know if its a good idea or even if is worth $650 for both of us since we are in the Haven 

appreciate you opinion 

Thanx

Personally I would not bother getting Vibe passes if I was in the Haven. My wife and I were in a Haven Spa Cabin at the was perfect...

I just bought Vibe passes for the first time, on the Breakaway. How is the selection in the bar? I also have the premium plus package, I would guess they have more of the plus drinks than Spice and The Pool bars.

Thanks for any input! 

1 hour ago, roxette said:

I just bought Vibe passes for the first time, on the Breakaway. How is the selection in the bar? I also have the premium plus package, I would guess they have more of the plus drinks than Spice and The Pool bars.

Thanks for any input! 

I can't speak from experience on Breakaway.  I can share that on Encore in November, another party asked for Fireball on embarkation afternoon.  The Vibe bar didn't have any but they tracked down a bottle and before sailaway that group was enjoying their Fireball in the Vibe.  

Overall, it seemed like the Vibe bar was pretty well stocked.  I'd expect that if it's on the ship, but not currently in Vibe, a pleasant request will get it brought up to the Vibe.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roxette said:

Thanks for any input! 

On the Getaway they don’t.  Bar is not well stocked.  I have the premium plus.   To be fair, I’m not a big complainer so I haven’t asked for anything special.  I just take what they got.  I asked for the premium bourbon, they don’t have it. It’s well.   No premium tequila as well.  But it’s  a hell of a lot quicker to get a drink her then on deck 15.  It’s a zoo there right now. 

• Thanks 1