Updated Internet Speeds - HAL Niew Statendam

pirate_dad

Thanks for posting the speed and ping times. That's certainly fast enough for streaming, although the latency indicated by the ping times might make two-way communication awkward. Friends that have Starlink experience that when using Wi-Fi calling on their cell phones. Better than nothing, but not great.

37 minutes ago, IPB4IGO said:

Thanks for posting the speed and ping times. That's certainly fast enough for streaming, although the latency indicated by the ping times might make two-way communication awkward. Friends that have Starlink experience that when using Wi-Fi calling on their cell phones. Better than nothing, but not great.

I have no problem doing FaceTime calls and surfing is decent.  However, I cannot stream anything from Comcast or Netflix.

By way of comparison, I was able to stream anything allowed last September on the Celebrity Equinox and that ship didn’t have Starlink 

B1391840-FD18-48EF-B08E-4EAB7CFC75FA.png

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Which Internet package do you have? Only Premium allows streaming. Social and Surf (included with HIA) do not.

I purchased the premium package.  Guest Services tells me that you can stream YouTube but not Netflix or cable programs.  Certainly different than my last Celebrity experience.

38 minutes ago, firsttimer1971 said:

Netflix isn't supported on any of the Internet packages (just as Prime Video & Hulu) 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-packages/cruise-ship-wifi.html

Ok not Netflix, but I expected to be able to stream ESPN for sports and probably the cable news networks.  The premium package does say sports.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Ok not Netflix, but I expected to be able to stream ESPN for sports and probably the cable news networks.  The premium package does say sports.

Sports are hit and miss @Ipeeinthepools - due to the contracts the ship/HAL has with different networks and providers and your personal network providers to stream out of network and/or out of country. And the only thing I can add - there is no predictability on those options!