Lavender Tours from Cannes

lrmrtn

We will be docking in Cannes in July and I really want to see the lavender fields. However, the only tours I'm finding from Cannes are private and very expensive. Does anyone know of any group tours from Cannes to see the lavender fields?  Or are there any other tours where you see the lavender fields?

9 hours ago, lrmrtn said:

We will be docking in Cannes in July and I really want to see the lavender fields. However, the only tours I'm finding from Cannes are private and very expensive. Does anyone know of any group tours from Cannes to see the lavender fields?  Or are there any other tours where you see the lavender fields?

Private tours/guides in France are generally expensive.   Another issue you face is that Cannes is somewhat distant (at least 2 hours each way) from the best parts of Provence where you find the lavender fields and even further from the more northern areas.  Also be advised that Cannes is a tender port so, depending on your ship, it can take some time to get ashore.

If you do not find any tour, have you considered just renting a car in Cannes and driving?  

Hank

Or are there any other tours where you see the lavender fields?

Hank is 100% spot on as usual.  The most famous lavendar fields are a long way from Cannes, perhaps a 2-3 hour drive.

I believe the closest you would find to Cannes would be in the Luberon area which should be less costly to tour to as it isn't as distant.Not as famous as the ones further north, but there are a few, and the bonus is that the Luberon villages are a popular and scenic drive. You could try costing tours to that area, explaining that your main focus would be the lavendar fields rather than the  Luberon villages (or a mix of both) and ask what they suggest as a route.

Bear in mind that the distance and time  is still going to be quite long, just perhaps not quite as long as the previously mentioned ones.

Just a thought really, but if you also have a port stop in Marseille, the Luberon is much closer to there so that would be a better option than from Cannes. Faster to reach and probably cheaper too.

Edited by edinburgher

Learn something new each day.  Had no idea there were fields near Grasse until I read that post, and I thought I knew the area relatively well.  These would definitely be closer than the L:uberon fields and less expensive.

Another option for the OP might be to take the train from Cannes to Grasse and find a taxi at the station (or tel for one )to take them  them to the closest fields and  have a brief viewing and pho op stop before returning them to the train station.  Instead of returning directly to Cannes, they could use the opportunity to  visit some of the sights in Grasse and maybe tour  a perfume company such as Fragonard. before returning  to Cannes by train.  

I think that woiuld make quite a nice excursion from Cannes as there really isn't much of interest in Cannes itself  (although it has a good beach)

Edited by edinburgher

• 3 weeks later...