Carnival, Sneaky money Snatcher price increase.

Guest BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor

Anyone else notice this tactic when booking a cruise at a certain price, then you click to book the room and it jumps up a few hundred bills.😁

Just double check your price before you hit that pay procedure. It's not a new tactic, just noticed it being used more often than not.

Let's be careful out there people.😉

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No. I haven't noticed. What I do notice is that often a desirable cabin I book one day jumps a few hundred the next. You snooze, you lose.

I have noticed the snooze you lose pricing as well. Just something I enjoy keeping track of. But this is not your snoozing you lose pricing. Enjoyed your review BTW.

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Just double check your price before you hit that pay procedure

I mean, that's good advice for anyone for any purchase, especially online purchases.

In my experience, when that specific thing happens on Carnival's website, it's usually because I changed a detail from the front page (i.e. number of passengers, room location or type, etc.) or the offer that I thought I was going for (i.e. cheers for you) isn't available on that specific sailing.

It's always best to put in as many details on the front search page as possible to get an accurate price, including offer codes.

• Like 2

The algo is getting you, airlines do the same.

Go research a flight, find what you want and then if you leave and come back for more research the price is higher.

That's the system knowing you're back thanks to those little cache and cookies the web sites feed your computer.

Always try to research using incognito or clear your cache and cookies

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Totally agree with this advice. I have automated clearing the catch and cookies, even used different browsers. We're talking a different animal here.🤨