Miami terminal for Summit

tomcruiser1234

1. We just were on Summit a few days ago in/out of Miami.  It is terminal G.  We found it very easy.  We took a hotel shuttle to the terminal and a taxi from the terminal to the airport.  There were 6 ships in port the day we disembarked and there were no lines for the taxi.  Embarkation had 3 ships and no issues.  I think they are used to lots of ships at once.  We pre-arranged the shuttle the day before embarkation.  It was $10 per person.  Don't know the name - the hotel did it for us.  No real lines at all.  Our time was 11 AM.  There were lots of porters as soon as you arrived to take luggage.  We checked in at the Retreat line, but I did not notice lines anywhere at all.  Looks like smooth sailing.  If you are in Retreat - you will be taken to a small waiting lounge before boarding if there is any wait (they had coffee/juice/pastries).  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sailed on Summit out of Miami about a year and a half ago and on Azamara just a couple of months ago.  It was easy both in and out both times.

You do need to have ID ready to enter the port these days (I don't recall if that was the case 5 years ago).  They may ask everyone in the vehicle or just the driver.

Uber/Lyft is about $20 from the airport to the terminals, and I expect a taxi is about the same.  

Summit typically sails in and out of Terminal G, but that's always subject to change.  You can check the terminal here: https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx