More Rewards for your Loyalty

SteenWims

I wonder if anyone else had run into problems with OBC awarded following receipt of this flyer. 

After considering the offers in the leaflet received 3 Feb, I decided to book Arcadia J313 Canada for Sep 23. I was expecting OBC of £530 per cabin, car parking and ‘exclusive extra spending money’ of £600 for a balcony on Select Price. When the Booking Confirmation came through I was given £630 for the cabin but no mention of the extra amount. 

I phoned Customer Services and after 40 minutes of deliberation they decided that as a ‘Thank you for cruising’ £100 had been added to my account (unbeknown to me!) the bonus £600 was excluded. As it seems ridiculous to give you £100 to avoid paying £600 I asked for them to consider removing this thank you £100 and reinstate the advertised extra. I was told to contact Guest Services by email to talk about this!

I can’t be alone with this problem so would welcome the benefit of anyone’s experiences.

10 minutes ago, SteenWims said:

I wonder if anyone else had run into problems with OBC awarded following receipt of this flyer. 

After considering the offers in the leaflet received 3 Feb, I decided to book Arcadia J313 Canada for Sep 23. I was expecting OBC of £530 per cabin, car parking and ‘exclusive extra spending money’ of £600 for a balcony on Select Price. When the Booking Confirmation came through I was given £630 for the cabin but no mention of the extra amount. 

I phoned Customer Services and after 40 minutes of deliberation they decided that as a ‘Thank you for cruising’ £100 had been added to my account (unbeknown to me!) the bonus £600 was excluded. As it seems ridiculous to give you £100 to avoid paying £600 I asked for them to consider removing this thank you £100 and reinstate the advertised extra. I was told to contact Guest Services by email to talk about this!

I can’t be alone with this problem so would welcome the benefit of anyone’s experiences.

P&O have given lots of people £100 as a thank you, we got it on our last Arcadia cruise, however it is extra on top of any other OBC. I think you need to check your documentation as there is something strange here. Sometimes it is an option to take OBC or car parking but you may not get both. If the leaflet states you get both then ask to speak to a manager as they are not going to give you a £100 bonus in lieu of £600 OBC. Please let us know how you go on in case someone else has the same issue.

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

P&O have given lots of people £100 as a thank you, we got it on our last Arcadia cruise, however it is extra on top of any other OBC. I think you need to check your documentation as there is something strange here. Sometimes it is an option to take OBC or car parking but you may not get both. If the leaflet states you get both then ask to speak to a manager as they are not going to give you a £100 bonus in lieu of £600 OBC. Please let us know how you go on in case someone else has the same issue.

How long before your Arcadia cruise did you get your £100 ‘thank you’?

Having got up to around 3 P&O cruises a year before Covid, we now have just 2 post Covid cruises booked with them, both for this year. We are keeping an open mind but, having read all the reviews and spoken to a number of family and friends who have cruised with P&O recently, we are reluctant to book any more P&O cruises until we have experienced the ‘post Covid’ P&O experience for ourselves.

You would therefore think that we might be prime candidates for a bit of a sweetener although, as we have now made a 2024 booking with Cunard, perhaps they have already determined that we are a lost cause? 😂 

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

How long before your Arcadia cruise did you get your £100 ‘thank you’?

We got it around five days after we paid our balance, which we paid a week early. There is a long thread on here somewhere debating it at the time and why some were getting it and some not, not everyone got the maximum £100pp, I assume we did because it was a 40 night cruise, we also had an inside cabin and got the same as those in suites. This is the email we got;

Extra on-board spending money* for your holiday? We think you deserve it…

As a heartfelt welcome back on board, we’re giving you up to

offer_amount_200.png

extra on-board spending money* per cabin

After all this waiting, you deserve a holiday filled with magical moments, which is why we want to give you something special. How does some extra on-board spending money* sound? With this offer, you can take part in a breathtaking shore experience booked on board, enjoy a relaxing spa treatment or savour a mouth‑watering meal at one of our speciality dining restaurants. And the best part? You don’t have to lift a finger – this offer will be added to your cruise before departure so it can be enjoyed on board. Thank you again for sailing away with us and we can’t wait to welcome you on board soon!

Please note, this offer is just for your cruise on board Arcadia - J221. Unfortunately, if you cancel or transfer your booking, this offer can’t be applied.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We got it around five days after we paid our balance, which we paid a week early. There is a long thread on here somewhere debating it at the time and why some were getting it and some not, not everyone got the maximum £100pp, I assume we did because it was a 40 night cruise, we also had an inside cabin and got the same as those in suites. This is the email we got;

Extra on-board spending money* for your holiday? We think you deserve it…

As a heartfelt welcome back on board, we’re giving you up to

offer_amount_200.png

extra on-board spending money* per cabin

After all this waiting, you deserve a holiday filled with magical moments, which is why we want to give you something special. How does some extra on-board spending money* sound? With this offer, you can take part in a breathtaking shore experience booked on board, enjoy a relaxing spa treatment or savour a mouth‑watering meal at one of our speciality dining restaurants. And the best part? You don’t have to lift a finger – this offer will be added to your cruise before departure so it can be enjoyed on board. Thank you again for sailing away with us and we can’t wait to welcome you on board soon!

Please note, this offer is just for your cruise on board Arcadia - J221. Unfortunately, if you cancel or transfer your booking, this offer can’t be applied.

Do you have a link to the offer or thread? 

We are going on our first cruise back after covid. It would nice to find out if we are able to get OBC. No harm in asking.

3 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

Do you have a link to the offer or thread? 

We are going on our first cruise back after covid. It would nice to find out if we are able to get OBC. No harm in asking.

I don't, it was an email direct from P&O reservations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

You are all lucky! Don't know if it is because I am a solo traveller but I never get "sweeteners". Have done over 50 cruises in 10 years (8 last year) nearly all balcony and mostly select. Feel a bit hard done by to be honest!

Not sure why not but I sailed 3 times solo with P&O last year, one of which was no single supplement and had extra onboard credit each time. So no not just because you are a solo traveller

I've not had any of the extra on board credit on any of my cruises post covid either (the upcoming one at the end of this month will be my 3rd P&O plus I did a Princess staycation cruise)   Wondering if it's because I generally go saver fare as the select fare seems to be a lot dearer than saver every time I book & the difference in on board credit doesn't cover it.

I've got the £100 sweetener OBC on my Arcadia 19-nighter in April, booked at launch in Nov 2021, cheapest inside cabin as a solo traveller on Early Saver fare. I got the email a few weeks before my balance due date. I kept checking the price and it was consistently a bit more than I'd agreed to pay, so I paid the balance. But I had a feeling that in the current financial climate the price would come down nearer the time. And that's what's happened!  But never mind. My 3 Iona cruises have all been very cheap, and 0% Single Supplement. And at least I'll have £100 OBC that I wasn't expecting on the Arcadia one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Seems the distribution of P&O largesse is pretty random! 

Yes, I got an email saying they were giving additional OBC for some cruises this spring, however it also said that it would not appear on any documentation so you have to wait until you board to find out if you were lucky.

I received the email about giving us £100 extra on-board spending money, which was tactically send just before we were due to pay the balance. We had already chose the option of parking at booking time

Once the balance was paid it appeared  on our final invoice of £50 onboard opening money each.

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Yes, I got an email saying they were giving additional OBC for some cruises this spring, however it also said that it would not appear on any documentation so you have to wait until you board to find out if you were lucky.

If you get an updated invoice from your TA shortly before you travel it should show up.

Ours for Arvia was added two months before the cruise.