COVID data on Reflection, Jan 29-Feb 4

Blucruising

Quite an interesting post. Imo, I don’t think that the cruise lines want to keep and/or publicize Covid Data anymore than data on norovirus, flu or a common cold. If they did and you were able to access it, wouldn’t it cause you to reconsider the trip if the data was high?  Once you decide to cruise, reality, for many, steps to the side.  Cruising, as being marketed, leaves the real world behind and it becomes sun, sea, tropical/other worldly breezes, good food and drink. Communicable diseases would surely put a damper on that scenario and ultimately hurt the business model. 

Although I mentioned that reality may take a holiday on a cruise, common sense, kindness and good manners should not. We are currently finishing our 2nd leg of the Silhouette B2B. I have terminal cancer and we have found our comfort level so that we can assume a new normal for us and that is the following: we mask every time we leave the room. I will not take the elevator and my DH has let many go by when they are too crowded for him to feel comfortable. We dine early and ask for a table as private as possible. We do not attend crowded events and steer clear of shore excursions that have too many participants in enclosed spaces. For the most part, we have thoroughly enjoyed our voyages and will continue to cruise in this manner for the foreseeable future. 

We respect our fellow cruisers choices and wish them a wonderful trip. be safe and cruise wonderfully 😁

• Like 7