Leaving the ship for a private multi day tour

I’ve never had gotten trip insurance but I am considering a plan to cover 3 cruises that will be for 7 months starting fall of 2023 until late spring of 2024.   During at least one cruise I will be leaving the ship a few days for a private overland tour.  Does the trip insurance cover me during the overland tour?   Does it cover expenses if the ship skips the port where I am meeting them after the overland trip?

3 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

I’ve never had gotten trip insurance but I am considering a plan to cover 3 cruises that will be for 7 months starting fall of 2023 until late spring of 2024.   During at least one cruise I will be leaving the ship a few days for a private overland tour.  Does the trip insurance cover me during the overland tour?   Does it cover expenses if the ship skips the port where I am meeting them after the overland trip?

All of that depends greatly on which trip insurance plan you purchase. If you buy it from the cruise line, then they only insure things purchased directly from the cruise line (airfare, overland trips, etc.). Your overland private trip would NOT be covered and if you purchase airfare on your own, or using airline points, then the cruise line insurance will NOT cover you. I never purchase from the cruise line for these reasons.

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...