Specialty Dining Not Offered?

cruznkate

I am very new to RCL. My husband and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise out of Rome this summer departing on June 15.  There are no options available for dining or any onboard experiences (spa, etc) offered yet. I know these things are not always posted right away but I am wondering if there is any certain times they tend to show up. It’s a Multi port cruise and based on the Roll Call it seems like those boarding at the Barcelona stop (June 18) can book things already. What gives?

My July cruise didn't show any dining or drink packages until around 8 months before sailing. It still doesn't show anything for the spa, and it only just recently started showing excursions for our first port. No excursions listed for any other ports, and no on-board experiences listed yet either.

You're closer than that now so it does seem odd not to see anything in your cruise planner, but I'm sure they will show up. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cruznkate said:

What gives?

RCI IT still hasn't figured out how to handle interporting cruises from the "second" embarkation port. I think some last year reported not having any options till on board and even then the app may not be quite right. Keep checking the planner.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI IT still hasn't figured out how to handle interporting cruises from the "second" embarkation port. I think some last year reported not having any options till on board and even then the app may not be quite right. Keep checking the planner.

After the earnings call for RCI two days ago, RCI has stated their their WAVE season was overwhelming this year (in a very positive sort of way).

RCI is drinking from a fire-hose They are going from famine to feast. The cruise prices reflect the anticipated plethora of cruisers.

@Biker19mentioned the IT department, like any IT department around the world, is short on staff to handle "interporting" or so many other critical functions.

I do IT and I do not want to be on the receiving end of such  a high demand with no tolerance for failure team. I beat them up sometimes in my posts but they do not have enough people to get the job done  properly. Most cruisers will tolerate bad IT instead of paying a higher cruise fare. Tough decisions in corporate dividends.  🤓