HAL Giftcards

TGCRUISEO

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Do you have to be a member?

For some of their cruiseline giftcards, you do, but not HAL or Princess. Carnival yes, go figure.

One thing to be aware of (not just you CM, but anyone reading) -- if you are counting on vacation protection from your credit card -- any amount you pay with giftcards will not be covered, even if you purchase the giftcards WITH the credit card. Once this was explained to me by our Chase banker/rep, I stopped buying the AARP cards. OTOH, a card or two applied to OBC would not be a problem, I guess.

I know this is a long shot (any may go against CC guidelines, but I really hope not), but my sister went to buy 5 $500 gift cards for Princess last night and somehow, accidentally, selected 1 Princess and 4 HAL (we've been on a HAL cruise before but not Princess before, so she just wasn't thinking, I guess).  Anyhow, AARP basically said "you're screwed".  If there is anyone that would be interested in purchasing one or more of her card codes (at $450), please send me a message!  She's just trying to recoup her cost, as we don't have any HAL cruises scheduled right now.