GSC: Silver Cove Villa Questions & One Harvest Caye Comment

amygutman

Our last time on GSC was pre-"Silver Cove Villas" when the only area opened was what I believe is now called the "Silver Cover Lagoon" - the "non-bedroom" villas. It was a fantastic experience which we are excited to repeat in March. 

Hoping for clarification re: villa layout. The maps I looked at on past Silver Cove CC threads show the "lagoon" villas in the first cluster closet to the main island areas, then the Silver Cove restaurant area to the immediate left of the lagoon villas, with the 1 and 2 bedroom "ocean" villas to the far left side of the island (furthest from the tendering area). Is this correct? We don't care about the numbering of the villas, or our specific assigned villa, just curious about the layout. 

We loved Harvest Caye for the wildlife, but the downside was paying for all food and drink and the tiger and bull-sharks. Yes...tiger and bull-sharks. We got hauled out of knee-deep water 4 times as the lifeguards spotted them within 50 yards of swimmers when they entered the protected cove. Now - I fiercely love sharks, love watching them from boats, but 50 yards is a wee bit close for my comfort. The ocean is their home and I am the intruder, but 50 yards...talk about "be afraid to go back in the water". 🦈

Warmest, Amy

4 minutes ago, amygutman said:

Our last time on GSC was pre-"Silver Cove Villas" when the only area opened was what I believe is now called the "Silver Cover Lagoon" - the "non-bedroom" villas. It was a fantastic experience which we are excited to repeat in March. 

Hoping for clarification re: villa layout. The maps I looked at on past Silver Cove CC threads show the "lagoon" villas in the first cluster closet to the main island areas, then the Silver Cove restaurant area to the immediate left of the lagoon villas, with the 1 and 2 bedroom "ocean" villas to the far left side of the island (furthest from the tendering area). Is this correct? We don't care about the numbering of the villas, or our specific assigned villa, just curious about the layout. 

The "Lagoon Villas" are the furthest from the tender area.  This is also where most of the Silver Cove amenities are located.  We had one of the smaller Ocean Villas and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

The two locations are certainly close enough that they are walkable, but, a cart ride can be requested, if required!

We found that we could easily walk the entire island. 

31 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

The "Lagoon Villas" are the furthest from the tender area.  This is also where most of the Silver Cove amenities are located.  We had one of the smaller Ocean Villas and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

The two locations are certainly close enough that they are walkable, but, a cart ride can be requested, if required!

We found that we could easily walk the entire island. 

Great information! I love the walk, but it’s great to know about the golf carts. It is certainly a nice little treat at the end of a day of swimming and fun (and eating and drinking way too much usually). 

I really wish there was an up-to-date map as I know some of the things on the island have changed a bit. Maybe I’ll grab one when we go and post it unless someone has when they wouldn’t mind sharing. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question ggTexasgal!

• Like 1