Travel plugs and adapters

kilili

Hi all.  We are sailing on the Regal Princess in the summer.  I am wondering about what I will be able to fit into the outlets.  I have seen pictures where there is a US type Plug and also a Europe type plug.  Would I be able to fit multiplugs in both?  Like would I be able to fit the two adaptors (one of the europeans and the US one) shown in the pictures simultaneously?

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 3.25.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 3.29.24 PM.png

Edited by kilili

You would not be able to plug in both of those white adapters at the same time.  They are too wide.  It all depends on what your goal is...do you need more US style sockets?  (I have that exact item for your second picture but I rarely need it.)  We use CPAPs and I use an "in-line" style adapter that plugs in behind the bed and allows a pass-through European style 2 prong along with a single US-style socket.  I then plug in your second item to give multiple US sockets.  Whatever *was* plugged into the wall behind the bed then plugs into the "pass-through" socket.  No cords running across the floor!  Now, if your goal is more US style sockets at the desk...why do you need 2 of the white adapters?  There is already a US plug...just plug in your second (black) shorty strip there.  All set!  (Or am I missing something in what you need?)

Apologies...I just reread your question and just now caught what you were asking.  I originally thought you were wanting to plug in 2 of the Euro adapters at the desk.  You *might* be able to plug in both...but again...why would you need to?  Just plug in your second black shorty strip into the one US socket and you've got multiple US sockets.  ???

@Rick&Jeanniethank you for the response.  We would be wanting to charge 2 cellphones, tow watches and we have to connect a cPap machine.  We already hace the Europe adaptors, so I wondered if with the US one (which we also already have) and the Europe one we would have enough connection.  Not sure what you mean by “pass through European”….

1 hour ago, kilili said:

@Rick&Jeanniethank you for the response.  We would be wanting to charge 2 cellphones, tow watches and we have to connect a cPap machine.  We already hace the Europe adaptors, so I wondered if with the US one (which we also already have) and the Europe one we would have enough connection.  Not sure what you mean by “pass through European”….

The specific adapter that I've had for several years is no longer available from Amazon...but this one appears to be its successor:

https://www.amazon.com/European-UROPHYLLA-Universal-Netherlands-South-Korea/dp/B07X1W5FS4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7RDF9H5XZILB&keywords=urophylla+travel+adapter&qid=1676081646&sprefix=UROPHYLLA%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-3

This is what I use behind the bed to plug in my CPAP.  While the front of the adapter doesn't look like it would accommodate it, you can plug in a Euro 220v 2 prong plug into it.  In other words...whatever was plugged into the wall socket (probably nightstand lamp) can still be used all the while supplying a US socket for your CPAP.

image.png.c102a31e02b9ff67a6a111602947d00a.png

1 hour ago, kilili said:

As far as charging multiple devices...I use a multiport USB charger which can charge up to 6 devices at a time.  I just plug this into the US socket at the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P936188/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This way, all you have to worry about taking are the proper charge cords...which you have to take anyway.  It cuts down a bit on all the small wall chargers.

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

As far as charging multiple devices...I use a multiport USB charger which can charge up to 6 devices at a time.  I just plug this into the US socket at the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P936188/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This way, all you have to worry about taking are the proper charge cords...which you have to take anyway.  It cuts down a bit on all the small wall chargers.

Thank you so much!

I use these on cruise ships all the time. Just make sure whatever you plug in is rated for 120-240V. (Basically every charger/power supply made in the last 15 years.)

$7 for a bag of 6

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036VJ1OQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why these?

• Cheap
  • Small
  • Light
  • Does the job

Try typing "very short ac plug strips" into Amazon.  Lots of useful hits.  You could even daisy chain 2 of them if there are not enough plugs on one of them.  Just be careful of the total power load.

DON

Edited by donaldsc