Rovinj, Croatia -- any experiences?

17 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think I now remember that we had a conversation about the baths he designed and how put out I was not to be able to experience the "grander" spaces of them. 😖. I've also visited the two mosques you mention. Sinan was indeed a master builder but it is also impressive to me how he studied and learned from the existing Roman constructions, e.g., how to create domes and so on.

Istanbul is certainly a fascinating city due to its unique location and history. But my heart belongs to Rome... 🥰

You had not thought that you would be able to briefly access the baths out of hours, particularly the section reserved for men only, and as you didn't mention a visit, I assume it did not happen, unless you gave the ladies section a try during opening hours?

Sinan was indeed a knowledgeable man who was not afraid to try "new to him" techniques with great success.

So many amazing cities in the world to visit. With your passion for all things Roman, no surprise that Rome is your personal favourite. Enjoy them all while you can.

Edited by edinburgher

• 1 month later...

Hi

I was in that corner of Croatia some years ago. I visited both Rovinj and Pula.

Rovinj is really small but it deserves a visit too. You can consider as those kind of small towns where having a pleasable and quiet visit instead of a bustle and busy one.

Here you are some pictures of my own 

IMG_20190814_164415.jpg

IMG_20190814_162728.jpg