club balcony suite on Joy

CCJack

We are new to NCL.   Looking at a cruise on NCL Joy.   A club balcony suite is only a little more $ than a balcony.   However I see the floorplans look nearly identical.   Are there any perks to the club balcony suite that I am missing?   It doesn't look like a suite to me !!

thanks...

There are extra perks in the club balcony suites. Per NCL:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

44 minutes ago, Eric S said:

There are extra perks in the club balcony suites. Per NCL:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

Thank you... that helps.   Pre book dining likely worth it.    

1 hour ago, CCJack said:

We are new to NCL.   Looking at a cruise on NCL Joy.   A club balcony suite is only a little more $ than a balcony.   However I see the floorplans look nearly identical.   Are there any perks to the club balcony suite that I am missing?   It doesn't look like a suite to me !!

It is not a suite. It does not have any suite privileges. They should leave the title just “Club Balcony”. 

On the Joy, the room is about the same size. The bathroom is a lot bigger with a double sink, lots of room around toilet, and a full size shower (versus a typical cruise ship transporter tube). 

The room has a few perks shown below. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

My parents were in a club balcony on the Joy in September. The photo below is their bathroom - it was almost nicer than mine in my Haven room. Similar, but their shower was a simple walk-in whereas mine had a tub with a very large lip to climb over.

They got snacks 2x during our 10 day cruise, and got a free bag of laundry which was nice. I had booked all our dining reservations so they didn't use that perk. But it had a smidge more space than a regular balcony room and was perfect for the 2 of them.

image.png.c314ad8f93b2ca613fa6af0fdce5070c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2023 at 6:22 PM, CCJack said:

thanks...

We were on the Encore Jan '22 and we loved our Club Balcony..the bathroom is the deal changer...dual vanities..we could actually brush our teeth or comb our hair at the same time...and the shower was big enough for Andre The Giant..AND it had sprays coming out of the walls...very cool...my wife was soooo happy! We booked the Joy in April again with a Club Balcony..everything else about the physical cabin is the same..JMHO....

Big Al

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, big al said:

We were on the Encore Jan '22 and we loved our Club Balcony..the bathroom is the deal changer...dual vanities..we could actually brush our teeth or comb our hair at the same time...and the shower was big enough for Andre The Giant..AND it had sprays coming out of the walls...very cool...my wife was soooo happy! We booked the Joy in April again with a Club Balcony..everything else about the physical cabin is the same..JMHO....

Big Al

Agree--the bathroom makes it worth every penny of the price difference.

• Like 3