Table Sizes/Celebration

wanaka

Thank you in advance if you can give some advice for the following 2 Questions.

1. We are travelling as a group of 12 adults on the Edge later in the year for a significant birthday, Singapore to Sydney.

Can someone tell me what the max size of the tables in the MDR are? We will link all the reservations, so we would be happy splitting up the group and just swapping around tables during the cruise.

2. Which restaurant would you recommend for the birthday celebration?,  this is the one time we would probably like to be at the one table if possible.  This is to be our treat to our travelling companions. I know this can be selective, but we are a fun group so looking for something a little special for the the 'birthday boy' lol

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by wanaka

For the MDR even if they could do a table for 12 you couldn’t talk to each other.  So  two tables for six would be better so you can rotated between tables. 

The choices for a table of 12 in a specialty are minimal. LPC can’t move tables as they are are spaced to align with the overhead video.  If there is a space in Eden that could accommodate 12 I haven’t seen it, same with Fine Cut, from our visits there a lot of nooks and crannies that could do 6, maybe 8 but 12 would be a challenge.
The Roof Top Grill seems to have the most open space where they could possibly make a table for 12. 
If you are booked with a TA maybe they can reach out to Celebrity and see which restaurant can accommodate a table of 12 and book it for you,

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The Roof Top Grill seems to have the most open space where they could possibly make a table for 12. 

That would be my vote as well, it will also be the most suitable atmosphere for a large table that will get unavoidable noisy. 

We had a group of 13 together at LPC on the Solstice in December.  It wasn't one table, but it was an entire row of 3 or 4 tables along the back wall.  The tables were close together so it almost felt like one large table.  Worked well for us.  Layout on Edge is different - but if there is somewhere you want to go - ask and they may be able to work it out.

Mike