Queen Elizabeth, changing cabins

funtastic

We booked back-to-back on QE, but were allocated different forward balcony cabins on Deck 4 (because of unavailability of the same cabin), one on the port side, the other on the starboard side for the best of both worlds!

Will be thankful for comments on these cabins, and what would the process be (and what one may expect and how one may be herded?) on disembarkation/embarkation day for the back-to-back.

We love these cabins - The forward cabins have metal fronted balconies which may not suit everyone, but they are among the largest balcony cabins on QE - There's a  picture of the Balcony on my 2016 QE Cruise - https://blog.rakkor.uk/2016/10/16/october-16th-katakolon/ 

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 1

Yes, thank you again for taking the trouble, Jim.

Unlike you, a seasoned Cunard cruiser, we are checking her out after reading much about Cunard, more focusing on the journey rather than the destination.

Having repeatedly cruised the Mediterranean pond alone on almost a dozen voyages on Azamara, Royal Caribbean, Costa, now pandemic-sunk Pullmantur, and the Baltic on Celebrity, we look forward to sampling the Britannia experience.  While we had trotted widely over the other continents as well, we leisurely lapped up the Danube and the Rhine for reasons that we are not as young as we were, or like to be!

On 2/12/2023 at 4:49 AM, funtastic said:

Will be thankful for comments on these cabins, and what would the process be (and what one may expect and how one may be herded?) on disembarkation/embarkation day for the back-to-back.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:56 AM, funtastic said:

Thank you, Hattie.

Suggest amending the tread title to "Queen Elizabeth Cabins" to accurately reflect relevance to my commencing question. Changing cabins was never raised.

You asked about the process on you changover day, I guess I thought you wanted to know how you would change cabins, get your new keys etc ?