Aruba for a week?

Len3

depends on your personal vacation interests..I have been there three times (a week or more each time) in the last 18 months. I LOVE it :-) Wonderful place full of wonderful people. Great place to get away, unwind and relax or party...whatever you wish!

What would be some good choices for places to stay? We're in our 50's - love the beach - only the 2 of us - NO CHILDREN!!!!!

I have stayed at the LaCabana and the Holiday Inn. While I love the ocean view from the HI, I prefer the beach (Eagle Beach) at the LaCabana.

If you are interest in all-inclusve, the Divi or the Tam are the resorts to choose as they have a larger AI package than any other hotel on the island. IMO, there are too many good restaurants on the island to do an AI package. However, if you like golf the Divi has a very nice gold course!

Palm Beach (high rise hotels) -- very water sports friendly; as long as you are away from the water sports booths the water should be not as cloudy. I didn't like Palm Beach b/c of the mushy sand and the cloudy water from all the water activity. Compared to Eagle Beach where you can see your feet while standing in chest deep water. You will find the Wyndham; Hyatt; Radisson; Aruba Grand; Allegro; Holiday Inn, Marriott and I am forgetting one along this stretch of beach. All of which are excellent places to stay.

Eagle Beach -- you will find the Amsterdam Manor; LaCabana and Bucuti to name a few.

Do a google search for Aruba or feel free to email me (afortune79@yahoo.com) and I will gladly give you the sites I used to gather information before I went to Aruba for the first time :D It is a wonderful place to visit...have a wonderful trip!

Oh, the population of kids at each/different resort depends on when you go. I did notice more kids at the LaCabana in June and especially in August, but there were none to be seen in November while I didn't notice kids ever at the HI.

Dh and I have been to Aruba twelve times, obviously we love it. Their beaches are beautiful, we feel very safe (take the same precautions you would at home), and the restaurants are fantastic.

We prefer Aruba over a cruise because dress is ONLY casual. For Aruba, we can travel SO much lighter! I am tired of packing dress clothes for 10 nights for 3 people on a cruise and THEN having to come home and do all that laundry, plus the dry cleaning bill!!! For Aruba it is bathing suits, coverups, shorts & tops for him, sundresses for her, a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals. PERIOD! In Aruba, we have 24 access to the beach of our choice and a variety of restaurants, some of which we have become extremely fond of :) . Oh and perfect weather, Aruba is a desert, so not much rain to ruin an expensive trip! <<stepping off my soap box>>

Aruba is a family island, so yes it is tough to find a resort without kids. The only resort which discourages children by not having ANY children's activities AND having an entire building where guests must be an adult, is the Bucuti Beach Resort. If you can afford it, check out their Tara Suites.

Otherwise, try to choose a time of year when the kids are in school. Though with home schooling and year 'round class schedules (we are traveling in September this year dd has a week off and we like to avoid the crowds), this is becoming more difficult.

Archived