Arvia / Iona Kids Club

Ljdoc

Does anyone know if there are currently any opening time or access restrictions on the kids club on Iona or Arvia. When I was on Iona last July you only had  just over an hour twice a day due to staffing levels. The week after I was in there were some changes to this but not sure of it was temporary or permanent. 

With it being half term this week I assume the ships will be busier with more kids so interested to know how they are currently operating. 

You don't say which age group. The kids clubs are back to normal, including night nursery extra, but the "scene" for older teen-agers is far away from the reef which causes huge problems for the staff. There's is rarely (I understand) enough staff to keep that open. Probably the cruise just finishing had it open, as they had all the kids club staff from Ventura, and some seasonal staff (but only for this week since there wasn something like 900 under 18s on board).

Just got off the Iona where there were 900 kids during the half term. First come first served on getting into the clubs so a lot of kids (and parents) were bitterly disappointed ☹️ Unfortunately something had to give so slots were very rationed and my own grandchildren only attended one evening session as trying to work into other activities etc became a bit of a pain. 
If you didn’t know bookings are made on the app. 

On 2/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, devonuk said:

Just got off the Iona where there were 900 kids during the half term. First come first served on getting into the clubs so a lot of kids (and parents) were bitterly disappointed ☹️ Unfortunately something had to give so slots were very rationed and my own grandchildren only attended one evening session as trying to work into other activities etc became a bit of a pain. 

Hi Devonuk,

Is the app booking new for kids clubs and how does it work? This wasn’t in place last year. 

On 2/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, devonuk said:

The kids clubs have a limit on numbers due to space and safe staff ratios.

You can indeed make bookings on "My Holiday" (not an app), or they can do it at the office, or you can turn up and take your chances. Considering how busy it was on your cruise I heard they actually hit capacity only a few times.

2 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

It's new, only a few weeks ago I think. If you have registered your kids you can book in via the not app (i.e. My Holiday web page) I believe.

Thanks, do you book slots in advance or on the day or just before you go? We will be on Arvia the fortnight before the school holidays in England as our school holiday start a few weeks earlier so hopefully won’t be too busy. 

Good to hear it only hit capacity a few times. 

8 minutes ago, Ljdoc said:

Thanks, do you book slots in advance or on the day or just before you go? We will be on Arvia the fortnight before the school holidays in England as our school holiday start a few weeks earlier so hopefully won’t be too busy. 

I'll check. I think I know the answer but I will check to be sure.

1 hour ago, Ljdoc said:

I don’t know about not hitting capacity but my twin 10 year old granddaughters could only get in on an evening session each and on separate occasions at that. I wouldn’t know about port days though because we didn’t try during the day for them. However the sea day slots were scarce. 
It is I good idea to take a chance on a last minute slot as some children never turned up for their booked in slots, allegedly. 
My daughter could only book when she was given her cruise card as the last 6 digits on it are used as log in ID. Alas, we had late boarding times. 
I’m absolutely sure you’ll be fine if sailing outside of UK school holiday times though 👍

2 hours ago, Ljdoc said:

They are available from 10.30am the day before to book. E.g. on the 12th at 10.30am you can book for the 13th etc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

They are available from 10.30am the day before to book. E.g. on the 12th at 10.30am you can book for the 13th etc

Wow, I wish we knew this as Wowzz (I think) said in one of his posts the info given out by P&O is often different from the reality 🫤

• Like 1

It’s good to know this so I’ll keep an eye from the day before, my sone loves going for a few hours most evenings after dinner and P&O does have great kids clubs and the staff are great too. 

How long are the slots that you book and isolate these designated time slots.