New Menus Anyone?

GMomKassie

Onboard the Radiance right now. Menu is ok but they changed some of the everyday items. Where have the Apple Blossoms gone!!!  The favorite desert of menu, if not most, repeat cruisers is gone fleet wide according to the MDR staff. Why? They are having Apple Blossoms one day at lunch for a 9 day cruise!! To go from every night to one day at lunch is unacceptable. It was on the everyday menu for a reason. Everyone liked them. 
French onion soup only available some days. They are supposed to charge for a second lobster but we haven’t had our 2 bday formal night yet so we’ll see what happens. People will likely order a second entree or more appetizers as the lobster tails have gotten pretty small.  Honestly, the rest of the menu, so far,  seems the same.
There have been cutback’s in the desert area. No cheese cake everyday at lunch and the number of good options are down. Not too happy with the desserts. 
for me the biggest change was getting rid of the Apple Blossoms. Would love to start an on line petition to bring them back. Must have been expensive to make!! 

2 hours ago, rgh2928 said:

Onboard the Radiance right now. Menu is ok but they changed some of the everyday items. Where have the Apple Blossoms gone!!!  The favorite desert of menu, if not most, repeat cruisers is gone fleet wide according to the MDR staff. Why? They are having Apple Blossoms one day at lunch for a 9 day cruise!! To go from every night to one day at lunch is unacceptable. It was on the everyday menu for a reason. Everyone liked them. 
French onion soup only available some days. They are supposed to charge for a second lobster but we haven’t had our 2 bday formal night yet so we’ll see what happens. People will likely order a second entree or more appetizers as the lobster tails have gotten pretty small.  Honestly, the rest of the menu, so far,  seems the same.
There have been cutback’s in the desert area. No cheese cake everyday at lunch and the number of good options are down. Not too happy with the desserts. 
for me the biggest change was getting rid of the Apple Blossoms. Would love to start an on line petition to bring them back. Must have been expensive to make!! 

Read your comments about the apple blossom. Did you know that those are not made onboard but are purchased frozen and then baked (heated) onboard. they are also a favorite of mine. I found this out because on a cruise in 2022, I bit into my apple blossom and found something that shouldn’t have been there. It was white, thin and rubbery, just like a very dry piece of apple could appear. However, it was a rubber hose washer that somehow had dropped into the manufacturing process and became part of the dessert.

I called the waiter over, who called the head waiter, who called the maitre’D, who brought out the chef. The explanation that I got was that being and “outsourced” product, they had no control over the contents. I was surprised and a bit confused but I was not injured other than it ruined my desire for another apple blossom!

I was just on 3 back to back cruises and they had them available very often on the menu. I tired them again and I am still an fan, regardless.

BTW, they sell an item almost identical to these at Aldi’s in the frozen food section.

-Jim