Balance due or cruise cancelled question

ddlb

I got an email from MSC today Feb 13 saying if I didn’t pay my balance in seven days my cruise would be cancelled.  When I booked the cruise I was told final payment was due March 7 and that is what it shows in my booking. My cruise is for May 21. I would prefer to pay March 7 but on the other hand, I sure don’t want the cruise cancelled.  Is this a normal practice of MSC? If I call, I might get the wrong answer. If I paid in seven days, that would be three months before sailing so maybe payment  is required?

.. from MSC USA website ..

Payment due date depends on length of cruise and other variables like date of booking.

==========

2. CONTRACT AND FINAL PAYMENT

Every Cruise Package is subject to availability at the time of Booking. No Contract shall be made until the deposit or the full amount (according to the present Booking Terms and Conditions) is paid and the confirmation invoice provided to the Passenger or the Passenger Travel Agent.
For all cruises (excluding World Cruise) full payment is required no later than 75 days prior to departure for cruises with 4 nights or less, no later than 90 days prior to departure for cruises with 5-14 nights, and no later than 110 days prior to departure for cruises with 15 nights or more.
For World Cruise, full payment is required no later than 120 days prior to departure.
If the Booking application is made within 75 days (or 90, 110, or 120 days, as applicable) prior to departure, then full payment must be sent at the time of Booking.

==========

15 hours ago, ddlb said:

I got an email from MSC today Feb 13 saying if I didn’t pay my balance in seven days my cruise would be cancelled.  When I booked the cruise I was told final payment was due March 7 and that is what it shows in my booking. My cruise is for May 21. I would prefer to pay March 7 but on the other hand, I sure don’t want the cruise cancelled.  Is this a normal practice of MSC? If I call, I might get the wrong answer. If I paid in seven days, that would be three months before sailing so maybe payment  is required?

It's their system. Do not call!!!!

Just pay or risk so many things to go bad.  

It almost seems like extortion when I read it here.

6 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It's their system. Do not call!!!!

Just pay or risk so many things to go bad.  

It almost seems like extortion when I read it here.

😂 I know!  You convinced me!

23 hours ago, ddlb said:

I booked my through a TA for my cruise sailing date May 14 the due date was February 13.  It seems right to me possible MSC system is a little confused.  If you really want to go just pay it a few days early (pay now or pay later you still have to pay). 

We always use TA and he sends invoice usually 2 weeks before final payment.

This is current MSC policy

For all cruises (excluding World Cruise) full payment is required no later than 75 days prior to departure for cruises with 4 nights or less, no later than 90 days prior to departure for cruises with 5-14 nights, and no later than 110 days prior to departure for cruises with 15 nights or more.
For World Cruise, full payment is required no later than 120 days prior to departure.