Covid Assurance Policy P&O Australia

Zanny

Hi.Was just wondering what your thoughts are. P&O have a part on their Web sites named Covid assurance policy. That says it'in place until end of Feb.  Saying if you test positive  etc on cruise you will get covid medical etc free.and also a future credit etc for days spent in isolation. 

Do you feel that this will stop and you will have to claim all this on travel insurance?

Or do you think they will extend it.Our cruise is in mid March

Thanks Zanny

1 hour ago, Zanny said:

Hi.Was just wondering what your thoughts are. P&O have a part on their Web sites named Covid assurance policy. That says it'in place until end of Feb.  Saying if you test positive  etc on cruise you will get covid medical etc free.and also a future credit etc for days spent in isolation. 

Do you feel that this will stop and you will have to claim all this on travel insurance?

Thanks Zanny

You’ll have to check out the website just in case it’s updated

4 hours ago, Zanny said:

Thanks Zanny

I was wondering the same thing, as we have a cruise booked for 13th Oct.

I'm assuming as long as the cruise protocols are maintained, the covid assurance will to.

At lease I hope it will.🤞

Thanks .it will be interesting  surely all these covid related rules will finish soon.I am certainly  not against them but wonder how long this eill continue. I do wear a mask and face shield whenever  I go out in public and will also d o same thing on the ship

This policy was meant to end in October last year. Covid is still around, so the policy has continued to be extended. I can't be sure what they have in place in the coming months, but as long as the protocols require a pre-cruise covid RAT, they are likely to continue their current policy.

They want people to keep cruising, and they also want people who cruise to not feel punished by having covid and being isolated, this protects the whole ship. I wouldn't be surprised if the policy is around for a few more months.

In any case, you need proof of insurance with covid cover to cruise on P&O,