Effy jewelry pre-cruise offer

jerrytex

Effy a.k.a iffy gave us a charm collector neckless and each day we were to go down to the shop to collect a charm to fill this locket that had a glass window. My wife opened the charm and glass fell on the floor as the locket was broken. I wouldn't have thought too much of it but the same thing happened on a Royal Caribbean cruise 5 yrs ago. The first time shame on iffy. The second time shame on my wife for not holding it over a garbage can while opening it. All the cruise line jewelry is marked up so they can discount it and make it seem like a sale. They probably want the full price if you are using a discounted gift certificate.  It amazes me that people would be willing to drop thousands of dollars on a cruise ship where they have no recourse should a problem arise. What's even worse is giving them money before you even know if there is anything that you may want. This is a suckers deal.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:49 PM, neverlaysup said:

My DW informed me that Macy's (when on sale) is WAAAY cheaper than the on board price, even with these coupons.

40 year retail career. It is all cheaper on land. Those Invicta watches can be purchased at TJ Maxx for a fraction of the price. No fake sale needed.

1 hour ago, Margarita Jane said:

I have bought rings from Effy and sent them via FedEx, once to be sized and once to be repaired! However to NYC, not Vancouver. I had no issues sending them via FedEx.

Live in Canada so they said to send to Vancouver however when I called number they were closed finally got back to me it was quite a process to send them they said maybe couple months depending how busy they were.  It was just easier to get sized locally 

On 4/11/2023 at 2:11 PM, tde1969 said:

We purchased the pre-cruise Effy jewelry offer.  It was a $3,000.00 credit.  We didn't find anything onboard to purchase so we went to guest services on about day 10 of a 14 day cruise.  Guest services said they would take care of the credit.  No credit was given by the end of the cruise.  We are now at 7 weeks since we've been back.  I've called at least 5 times with lengthy hold times.  The first couple of times I was told it takes at least 15 days to process.  Today I was told it takes 45 days.  I then reminded them that I was at least at 49 days.

We are big celebrity fans but this has taken way too long for a simple credit back to the card.    

They are probably waiting for Effy to pony up the three grand.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

40 year retail career. It is all cheaper on land. Those Invicta watches can be purchased at TJ Maxx for a fraction of the price. No fake sale needed.

I see lots of Invicta watches at TJ Maxx known as Winners in Canada. I own 3 Gucci watches from there 100% authentic comes with warranty original box everything. Yes bought at fraction of what they sell for at high end jewelry stores.  

• Like 1

I have been very satisfied with Effy service after the sale. I was “fortunate” to buy on the first cruises after the pandemic. For insurance purposes, I had the pieces appraised by a jeweler in my hometown, with whom I have also done business. All my Effy pieces appraised at more than what I paid. So, I am a happy consumer. However, now that we are post- pandemic, my suggestion is to be sure you know what you are buying. I don’t think I am seeing the same deals as I saw then.

YMMV

• Like 1