BIRTHDAY GIFT

jamscckmc

They've done away with the complimentary birthday cake at dinner, too.  My DD's 17th birthday will be on our upcoming cruise.  I'm going to try to order a "birthday cake" platter of chocolate dipped strawberries from the cafe for her.  I don't know if they will allow us to stick a candle in it (and light it), though.🙁

Nope, but you can order a cake or other treats to have delivered to your room. A friend of mine had her birthday while on the Ecstasy in October, and we ordered her a small box of cookies and the room decorations package. She said the cookies were way better than what was on the buffet and the decor was a fun surprise but "meh".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

Nope, but you can order a cake or other treats to have delivered to your room. A friend of mine had her birthday while on the Ecstasy in October, and we ordered her a small box of cookies and the room decorations package. She said the cookies were way better than what was on the buffet and the decor was a fun surprise but "meh".

Yes - the cookies from Cherries on Top are good! I don't know if they're fresh baked or not, but I liked them!

13 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

They still do the birthday cake in the dining room.  Just make sure it is noted in your booking details.  I had one my last cruise, which was post-covid.

No, they don't.  It was announced that it was being discontinued months ago, in a notice from Carnival that included several other cutbacks (I think at the same time as the 'no more free Room Service', and the "SeaDay Brunch hours cutback") and kinda got overshadowed by the others, so there wasn't much buzz about it.

• Like 1