Cancel and rebook cabin

Cristaltips

Bizarrely, a  long cruise I am booked on later in the year has significantly reduced in price with a load of extra on board spend. We only have £100 deposit on it which we are prepared to lose. 
There are only a few cabins available in the grade we booked. Has anyone managed to cancel and re book the same cabin? Is it easy to do? Thank you 

Just now, Cristaltips said:

Bizarrely, a  long cruise I am booked on later in the year has significantly reduced in price with a load of extra on board spend. We only have £100 deposit on it which we are prepared to lose. 
There are only a few cabins available in the grade we booked. Has anyone managed to cancel and re book the same cabin? Is it easy to do? Thank you 

If you booked direct then yes it is easy to do and you can retain your own cabin (or at least we did  but that was a few years ago now). It took just one phone call.

I can’t comment on how it would work if you used a travel agent, perhaps someone else can.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

If you booked direct then yes it is easy to do and you can retain your own cabin (or at least we did  but that was a few years ago now). It took just one phone call.

I can’t comment on how it would work if you used a travel agent, perhaps someone else can.

Thank you, we booked direct with P&O

I’d call whoever you booked with and explain what you want to do, they may be able to transfer your booking, maybe with an admin fee that’s less than your deposit and with the same cabin. We’ve done this twice before with Princess, once with an admin fee (£100) and once without… worth a try especially if you want to keep the cabin you have. 
If you do cancel, it might take a little while for your cabin to show as available so there’s some risk there. 

We did this with a cruise booked for later this year. Phoned P&O direct and she did it for us, even got us the same cabin which we had just cancelled. Lost £100 deposit (booked onboard) but gained £450. extra obc (will cover the husky sled trip)

Phone them, they are very helpful

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cristaltips said:

I have done it twice successfully, but we always book with a TA and  both times we left it to them to sort out.

• Like 1